PDA

View Full Version : Water problems

BoneStock
05-14-2004, 03:13 PM
I have two leaks in my car and I'm not sure what the best way is to fix them. The first is through the taillights. The water comes in and sits until I open the trunk and the pours out. The second is a little more serious, my sunroof leaks. Water comes in when it rains and drips onto the seat. It also appearently, pools in the roof until I put the car in reverse or stop. Any ideas on how to fix these?

BoneStock
05-15-2004, 04:31 AM
Has no one had these problems before?

Mac
05-15-2004, 06:01 AM
Not sure about the tail lights. The sun roof though has 4 drains you can check and clean out. There is a hole in each corner of the sun roof (open roof to see). There is a tube attached to each for drainage. The 2 in the front drain by where the door and fender meet. There is a rubber piece that looks pinched closed that sometimes gets clogged with dirt. They are kind of a pain to clean out. The 2 in the rear, you have to take of plastic molding in trunk on each side to see. They end up draining behind the rear wheels. Clean out all drains and see if that helps.

Busted_Blue
05-16-2004, 04:19 PM
is it actually IN the tail lights? worse comes to worse you can drill a hole in the taillights near the bottom as a drain hole to lead it to the outside. Do you know exactly where it leaks on the taillights?

BoneStock
05-16-2004, 07:41 PM
I don't know where is coming in, but it sits in the pocket below the tail lights. Thanks for the tip on the drains for the sunroof, I will check those in the morning.

nswst8
05-17-2004, 05:25 AM
I had this problem for a while and I let it go far to long. The weather seal between the track and taillight assembly is either dried out or kinked like mine don't use sealant just get another weather seal it's only a 20 minute fix.

The moonroof leak is the drains are backed up they must be cleared the best way I know of is reverse directional air flow using compressed air.
Hope this helps
Phil :cheers:

danronian
05-17-2004, 09:30 AM
To fix the tail light seals I used some weather strip adhesive to make sure they sealed up right. After you pull all of the plastic out of the trunk to get to the rear moonroof plugs, take them off and cut the plastic flaps off so that junk can actually get through them instead of just clogging them up. I did this on mine and about a year later no leaks (other than the one that developed in the top of the windshield which is probably due to rust in the window channel).

BoneStock
05-17-2004, 01:35 PM
I didn't get a chance to mess with it today. I got caught up with a honeydo list. The accord still leaks but I have a wonderful wall to keep midgets out of the flower garden.