PDA

View Full Version : Brake preoblems

MattsAccord
05-15-2004, 02:37 PM
This message is for Justin86 his computer broke. :thumbdown:

He is in the process of doing a big brake upgrade and the rear Se-i brake conversion. The problem the peddle in mushy he has bled his brakes multiple times and the peddle dosen't get very stiff stays mushy. When the engine runs there is no peddle at all right to the floor. Changed brake booster, master cylinder, proportioning(sp) valve and still dosen't work. Any help will awesome.
:werd: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Vinny
05-15-2004, 03:05 PM
Did you guys bench bleed the master cylinder? Double check to make sure nothings leaking or loose letting air back into the sytem. Bleed furthest to closest even though the manual says bleed drivers front, the pass rear, then pass front, then drivers rear. If the lines were open to do the front and rear work there may be ALOT of air in there. I'd start with one wheel and bleed it until the fluid runs clear, just to make sure all the old fluids out. If the fluids clear theres less chance that you may have missed any air pockets. I know Justins in a rush to play with these new brakes. If nothing else and he decides to call it a day you can always gravity bleed them.

Mac
05-15-2004, 03:12 PM
You might want to recheck everything. It sounds like you changed almost everything. Make sure all the lines are tight, and all the bleed valves are completely closed off. And check the vacuum to the booster. Sometimes when you do alot of work you mistakenly over look something minor. You said with the engine running the pedal goes to the floor. Did he pump the brakes several times with the engine running? Sometimes you have to pump them to get the calipers adjusted.

Justin86
05-16-2004, 11:27 AM
Ok I finally got a new monitor (17" LCD baby !!!) Yea I bleed them REALLY good, so I'm positive there is nothing in the lines. What about bench bleeding the master cylinder???? I never saw anything in the manual about that and there is no valve on the cylinder to bleed it?
Even if I pump the brake it dosen't get stiff like it should and if the engine is running I could pump it 20 billion times before it would get stiff.

smufguy
05-16-2004, 11:07 PM
like vinny said, the master cylinder needs to be bled before its installed to the hard lines of the prop valves. the air pockets in them causes the spongy brake pedal feel. I did not do that to my sister's 4th gen, but its spongy half way thru and stiffens up after that and she apparently likes it that way, than the normal hard catch of the 4th gen brakes.

Vinny
05-17-2004, 04:17 AM
Normally when you but a "new" master cylinder it comes with 2 plastic fitting that screw in where the brake lines go in, along with 2 rubber hoses. You attatch the fittings and lines, fill the master cylinder with fluid, then actuate the shaft until no air shows up in the lines going back into the reservoir

Blkblurr
05-17-2004, 08:30 AM
Hey Vinny, your sig line is pretty funny!!!

Justin86
05-17-2004, 09:07 AM
yea I pulled the MC off my junked Se-i so I don't have those fittings but I guess I will have to pull the MC off and bench bleed it.

Vinny
05-17-2004, 09:11 AM
go to Autozone and see if they have a new one. FENCO_REMAN M52286 Nothing else buy it for the use of the bleeders then bring it back :D they run like 56 bucks though.

Justin86
05-17-2004, 09:27 AM
I wonder if I can use the bleeders off my old calipers?????

Vinny
05-17-2004, 09:31 AM
I think the threads will be different. I may be wrong but I think the MAster cylinder fittings are larger than the bleed screws off the old calipers. Worth a try though. Nothing else always do they "I bought a MAster cylinder and it doesn't have the fittings":D

Justin86
05-17-2004, 04:31 PM
yea they are the same threads but the valve is too long for the MC, so I guess I will buy one.
stupid POS.......bla bla bla :pc: :burn: :mad:

Well since we are on the topic of you avatar, I gotz to say those are some fucking perfect boobs. Reminds me of my friends boobs, he he he :D

Justin86
05-18-2004, 07:42 PM
Well since today is my B-day I hoped that I would get my brakes working, well guess what they still don't. I bought another MC just so I could get the valves to bench bleed it. I did that and well I still have no pedal, I have to pump it many times. I checked the boosted again and it is still good. It feels like there is still air in there but where the hell is it? I have bleed the crap out of this system. ?????????