PDA

View Full Version : something wrong with my pioneer!???!!!

accordlxi2.0
05-15-2004, 06:05 PM
on my way home from racing a 89 civic ex, something was wrong with my pioneer radio.

okay i have the bose front 6" speaker's , and some tweeter's and bose 6x9 plus american pro 6x9.
i had all this hooked up to my jvc amp.
but the left front side was sounding scratchy, so i though well the wire on that speaker was touching.
then the right side went , so only the rear's were sounding, so when i was tapping the wire's going from the headunit to the amp input the left rear was losing volume, then both went out.
i dont know what happened no wire's are touching.
i put the bose radio in, and all the speaker's were working.

ummm i was wondering if the remote turn on wire happen's to touch the amp's 12volt battery hookup, would that fuck the system up...............
HELP
thanx-n-advance

88ebrake
05-15-2004, 06:19 PM
no it wont it will protect the amp out

accordlxi2.0
05-15-2004, 06:32 PM
So the radio is messed up since the remote power on wire, touch the positve 12volts.

Vanilla Sky
05-15-2004, 06:47 PM
sounds like your onboard amp took a shit... sorry to hear... lesson learned? don't buy pioneer... there's much better for the money (alpine, clarion, panasonic...)

accordlxi2.0
05-15-2004, 07:03 PM
umm okay for one pioneer is very good, cause my dad has one with clarion factory, @ 2ohm's
and my mom has one, she had her's for awhile.
plus panasonic is under pioneer.
i'm surprised you did'nt diss the jvc amp.

Vanilla Sky
05-15-2004, 07:51 PM
since when is panasonic under pioneer? matsushita (the parent of panasonic) has been around FOREVER... they consistantly put out products that don't fall apart... my car came with a pioneeer radio... the thing feels super cheap... my dad has one in his truck... cheapness... the OEM in my mom's car... uber cheap... the clarion OEM that was in my dad's nissan was strudy as hell... the alpines and panasonics that were in these accords from the factory STILL are good...

as for the JVC amp... they tend to be sturdy products, but as i re-read your post, run straight from your deck... that amp might be dead, not the pre-amp on the deck... just check that out

Elijah
05-15-2004, 08:39 PM
We both seem to be haveing problems with pioneer head units. The difference thow is mine got jacked lol

AQcz
05-16-2004, 10:19 AM
We both seem to be haveing problems with pioneer head units. The difference thow is mine got jacked lol

lol damn

I feel for you both

AccordEpicenter
05-18-2004, 09:04 PM
does it turn on at all or it turns on but wont give you sound? Ive worked on many pioneer decks and they were all really easy to fix and when you fix them they actually work the way theyre supposed to... i cant say that about most sony decks etc... also a few jvc models have issues too.