PDA

View Full Version : DONT BUY GAS ON MAY 19th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rendon LX-i
05-16-2004, 08:12 PM
May 19th is the official "Don't buy gas day." If no one buys gas for a single day gas companies will lose over 4.6 BILLION dollars forcing prices to go down. Heres the whole article that my buddy got in an email:

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE MAY 19TH HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED STICK IT TO THEM DAY" AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WAITING ON THIS ADMINISTRATION TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.

SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE MAY 19TH A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES SAY “ENOUGH IS ENOUGH�
REMEMBER
DO NOT BUY GAS!!!!
MAY 19, 2004

Help us save on Gas!!! POST THIS ON 3GEEKS :bow:

XxDark_AccordxX
05-16-2004, 08:14 PM
good thing i filled up yesterday. $30 guys :/

Busted_Blue
05-16-2004, 08:15 PM
lol. I will fill up on 20th. bahah

88accordhb
05-16-2004, 08:18 PM
i'll fill up on the 18th then, i hate the gas prices, it's 2.39 here and i filled up 11.8 gallons with 30 bucks, but i guess that isn't as bad as 6 dollars/gallon.

Bloodlust
05-16-2004, 09:13 PM
I filled up today too. I wont buy on the 19th, ill pray to Allah if it will bring prices down. :help:

HostileJava
05-16-2004, 09:16 PM
POST THIS ON 3GEEKS :bow:

:ugh:

BoneStock
05-16-2004, 09:18 PM
The only way this thought would work is if No Fuel was purchased for 45 days & people would NOT get sucked into the 10 cents off a gallon or litre depending where you live. People would need to discipline themselves to not get caught up in this lower fuel price. The 45 days would make the fuel obsolete as the *shelf life* of gasoline has passed.

So ..When do you start buying it again ?
When it dropped by 10 cents,12 cents,20 cents,40 cents,50 cents ?

People would have to stand up and make the government,oil companies take REAL notice of the power they have...but you know what ? ...They won't because it is so embedded in their psyche that they react quickly instead of staying the course.

As stated above, people will buy on the 18th or the 20th, and then what has been accomplished.

People can try and change gas prices on their own, but here is something to think about: We (the U.S.) consume most of the world's oil supply, getting 60% of it from people that are not our friends, the average weight of our cars is over 2 tons and mileage is poor, public transportation is subpar, our railway system is decaying - and we want cheap gas! :uh: Maybe if gas gets high enough, we will finally devote our resources and considerable talent to our ongoing energy problems. We put men on the moon and and are playing with RC cars on Mars, and I believe we can finally embrace the future in energy.

I have a friend that sends one email a week to his state representative (think Shawshank Redemption) about changing the direction that this country is going, I am as guilty as the next guy about thinking of the small picture (me), but maybe things would change if we all looked at the big picture once in a while.

A20A1
05-16-2004, 09:23 PM
The I've been BUSHwhacked boston oil party... dump all the oil into the oceans.. weee. :D

J/K

deadlight
05-16-2004, 09:28 PM
Wow, I can't believe how many times I've seen this scheme, and I still can't believe how many people are falling for it. Listen up, so let's suppose we don't buy any gas for one day, that's nice, civilians don't buy gas for a day. But, on the other hand, every business, every public bus, every single rental agency, every single government car, Humvee, Tank/whatever, will still be buying gas. Even if the whole world didn't buy gas for one day it wouldn't do a damn thing, they'd double prices the next day to combat it. Besides, everyone who doesn't fill up the 19th will be filling up in the days prior to or right after. I swear to god I'm going to have an aneurysm next time I see this posted anywhere.

Hash_man_Se_i
05-16-2004, 09:46 PM
Think about this for a second... if people are actually going to do this, chances are, most people will fill up a day or 2 before this, and then the gas companies will make up for the lack of sales on the 19th with the immense amount of sales the days before and days after, retarded plan.

deadlight
05-16-2004, 09:49 PM
Exactly. And then they'll bump up prices anyways on the 20th just to spite all the ignorant fucks who went ahead and tried.

A20A1
05-16-2004, 09:52 PM
Just don't drive anymore... go fly a kite. :D

Blue Impact
05-16-2004, 09:52 PM
What day's the 19th? I'm don't feel like looking at a calendar right now so I hope someone replies cuz I'll be back to check in the next half hour or so. :D

deadlight
05-16-2004, 09:53 PM
I like A20A1's idea, or just walk for christ's sake, walk often, it's good for you. The 19th would be this Wednesday you lazy bastard. :wave:

BKKloppenborg
05-16-2004, 10:19 PM
ok guys i posted what was above on all the car websites i know. HondaAcura.net, Accord Turner, Howards Forms, superhonda.com, Honda Tech, and i think thats abou it lol. O well i got it out as much as i can. Hope this helps.

Blue Impact
05-16-2004, 10:24 PM
I like A20A1's idea, or just walk for christ's sake, walk often, it's good for you. The 19th would be this Wednesday you lazy bastard. :wave:

Thank you, my good man and may you and your car be blessed on Wednesday. :D

Airborn82
05-16-2004, 10:35 PM
You know what,
I really hope that this plan works, but I won't hold my breath. I don't understand why anyone's amazed that OPEC's fuel prices are sticking it to us... hell, we as American's keep demanding bigger engines, bigger vehicles, etc... and every alternative fuel we have come up with as engineers has been sucked up by oil companies. I don't understand how oil companies and automakers can get away with collaborating with each other...lining each other's pockets! All a matter of the almighty $$... :sad2:

deadlight
05-16-2004, 10:40 PM
Thank you, my good man and may you and your car be blessed on Wednesday. :D

Heh, I have a suspended license and the SHO is down for a total resto all summer, hence my walking suggestion. BK, please post up links to all the threads you made, I personally want to witness this backlash you're going to get for suggesting this idea, it won't work. The gas won't all vanish, there will just be more for the next day, to charge even more outrageous prices for when everybody fills up the 20th. Man won't the public be pissed to see gas at 4 dollars a gallon because they thought they would be slick. I'm getting seriously pissed at American's obsession with cheap gas, it's costing the rest of the world 6 bucks a gallon.

BDaccordguy
05-16-2004, 10:44 PM
this plan would never work and is just another one of those stupid email things.

BKKloppenborg
05-16-2004, 10:49 PM
this plan would never work and is just another one of those stupid email things.

Thats why i tried to post on all the other forms i know so we can at least try lol.

deadlight
05-16-2004, 10:50 PM
Congrats, you just brutally murdered my faith in humanity.

BKKloppenborg
05-16-2004, 10:53 PM
Congrats, you just brutally murdered my faith in humanity.

LOL.. OPPS...

BKKloppenborg
05-17-2004, 06:19 AM
LOL.. OPPS...

OMFG this is going really well.. Not look at these posts i put on other forams and what ppl have said. :sad2:

http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164977

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=866998

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=368640

Wow this is really working o well. FUCK IT!

BIGEEZ
05-17-2004, 06:38 AM
thank GOD that overhere in the south that the price per gal is 1.78 at wal mart.

Rendon LX-i
05-17-2004, 08:16 AM
Yeah down south the gas is cheap. I just posted this up cuz my friend all freaking out about it im like what ever man. I said i'll post it but i know some of the members are just going to say WHAT. I dont know if this shit fo real or fake prolly fake. I mean if u go buy gas the 18th its going to pretty hight price or 20th. Well see what happens. I was just wounding this. The US took over iraq RIGHT well why in the hell is gas still so damn high when all the damn oil is in Iraq shit i dont get it. Bush aint my fav either. I think the gas is high cuz of his bitch ass. lol

BKKloppenborg
05-17-2004, 08:33 AM
You lucky bastards who live in the south lol.

O ya honda tech did this to my post i put in about this form..

urbanlegend21 (4:50 PM 5/17/2004):

Thread Deletion Notification

Your thread PLEASE READ THIS in forum Accord has been deleted.

You have lost 2 rating point(s); Your new user rating is 98%.
BKKloppenborg (5:31 PM 5/17/2004): WTF

BKKloppenborg (5:37 PM 5/17/2004): WTF did you deltete it? Dumbass

urbanlegend21 (5:49 PM 5/17/2004): haha, I did not like it
BKKloppenborg (6:02 PM 5/17/2004): WTF you work for the gas company huh?

BKKloppenborg (6:02 PM 5/17/2004): You greddy Bastards!!!

Honda Tech Mods are DUMBASSES...

cvergi01
05-17-2004, 08:47 AM
I'm sorry, but the gas companies would not care if a handfull of 3g owners didn't buy gas for one day, and if they did, they wouldn't raise the prices because of it...they're going up anyway. This has happened to me 5 times in the 6 years I've been driving. I remember when gas was 99 cents. This has happened before and it will happen again if we buy the gas or not

BKKloppenborg
05-17-2004, 08:51 AM
I'm sorry, but the gas companies would not care if a handfull of 3g owners didn't buy gas for one day, and if they did, they wouldn't raise the prices because of it...they're going up anyway. This has happened to me 5 times in the 6 years I've been driving. I remember when gas was 99 cents. This has happened before and it will happen again if we buy the gas or not

Thats why i am trying to tell everyone on forms not just a handful of 3g onwers. Also my mom knew about it before i told her so more ppl know about it then you think.

Oyvind Ryeng
05-17-2004, 10:38 AM
Haha, Americans discussing "expensive" fuel is making me laugh, you have NO IDEA... By the way, we pay USD$6,1 per gallon, and it's expected to rise again.

Ontopic: I don't think there would be a difference even if the entire world stopped buying fuel for a whole week.

Vinny
05-17-2004, 10:41 AM
Haha, Americans discussing "expensive" fuel is making me laugh, you have NO IDEA... By the way, we pay USD$6,1 per gallon, and it's expected to rise again.

And the average per capita income over there is what again?

300700'88lx-i
05-17-2004, 11:03 AM
I think I've done my part for the situation, I don't think I've bought gas since December.......(I guess not having my car makes buying gas kind of pointless, huh? :werd: ) I don't think enough people will ever get in on this for it to work....hmm....I almost feel like being a bastard and going out and buying some gas on Wednesday just for the hell of it.....I'll find something to do with it, maybe light a fire or something. :burn:

Mike's89AccordLX
05-17-2004, 11:07 AM
Light a fire at a gas station :) jk dont literally do that.

hondamanlxi
05-17-2004, 11:20 AM
vinny the per capita point is interesting!
gas in the south is cheap! why? Most southerns make less(than cali,nyc)
gas in norway is high! why? MAYBE norways population is generally richer?!

everything is cheaper in the south b/c were broke, its all on scale!

more pay = higher prices so it equals out
50% less pay = 50% less price

BKKloppenborg
05-17-2004, 03:07 PM
ok, damn Honda Tech mods are assholes....

"did you notice we have a forum called General Discussion and Debate? that is where you post off topic stuff

the Accord forum is a technical forum

when you graduate high school and can understand the true politics of this country and the world please feel free to argue with me some more, otherwise I will begin to take it personally and ban you from this site

consider yourself warned"

He deleted my post for no reason except he said he didn't like it WTF.

O well i tried to post about the gas thing on there o well.

LOL BURN DOWN THE GAS STATIONS!!! :burn: :burn: :burn:

deadlight
05-17-2004, 03:09 PM
Sounds like he deleted your post because it didn't argue your point effectively and besides, I can't even count how many times I've seen this damn piece of chain mail now, like I said, next time I see it, I may just have an aneurysm.

BKKloppenborg
05-17-2004, 03:11 PM
Sounds like he deleted your post because it didn't argue your point effectively and besides, I can't even count how many times I've seen this damn piece of chain mail now, like I said, next time I see it, I may just have an aneurysm.

LOL... O well he still is a asshole... Anywys he banned me....

deadlight
05-17-2004, 03:15 PM
Damn, well, can't say I'm entirely surprised man. Think about it, this is basically trolling/spamming in the purest sense of the word. They're handing out bans left and right on other forums for posting up this crap.

BKKloppenborg
05-17-2004, 03:18 PM
Damn, well, can't say I'm entirely surprised man. Think about it, this is basically trolling/spamming in the purest sense of the word. They're handing out bans left and right on other forums for posting up this crap.

Ya o well. I didn't ever go to that site anyways. :lol:

If you want to see where i have been almost banned or banned from look here...

http://3geez.asmallorange.com/showthread.php?t=33814&page=2&pp=20

HondaBoy
05-17-2004, 07:32 PM
heh, good thing i usually only buy gas on saturday or sunday. on saturday i filled up with about 14 gallons at about $22. $1.85 a gallon for 87, $1.99 for 91. im supposed to be trying not to be using a shit load of gas a week. regularly i spend about $20 a week on gas, i probley drive too much and to zippy.

Justin86
05-17-2004, 10:25 PM
What are you fucking stupid, how much you guys pay per gallon. They are not rasing the price of gas cause they can, it's fucking OPEC, and those greedy MOF's. You think by doing this will proove something, cause first off it won't happen and 2nd they sale gas 365 days of the year you think one day will put them under.
Here in Oregon, which has the highest national average by the way and I have heard through my connections that it will soon get up to $3 a gallon, and you know what I'm not complaining. I pay 2.40 right now for shitty 87 octane and only get 25mpg. Do some research and look at Europe, they pay $6 a gallon and that is what we should be paying according to inflation. Just be glad you don't live there.

Oyvind Ryeng
05-18-2004, 04:48 AM
Vinny: A normal worker (carpenter, janitor, teachers etc. etc. etc.) make approx. NOK 250,000 a year. That equals to USD$39,700.

BKKloppenborg
05-18-2004, 05:36 AM
What are you fucking stupid, how much you guys pay per gallon. They are not rasing the price of gas cause they can, it's fucking OPEC, and those greedy MOF's. You think by doing this will proove something, cause first off it won't happen and 2nd they sale gas 365 days of the year you think one day will put them under.
Here in Oregon, which has the highest national average by the way and I have heard through my connections that it will soon get up to $3 a gallon, and you know what I'm not complaining. I pay 2.40 right now for shitty 87 octane and only get 25mpg. Do some research and look at Europe, they pay $6 a gallon and that is what we should be paying according to inflation. Just be glad you don't live there.

lol i know i am not paying it right now. I could be driving to school but since its about 20 minutes away now i walk. Fuck those greddy bastards!

MIK3
05-18-2004, 02:50 PM
lol i know i am not paying it right now. I could be driving to school but since its about 20 minutes away now i walk. Fuck those greddy bastards!

Hey man, leave GReddy out of this, they're just making they're performance exhausts, nothing more.

J/K!

Every gas station owner in the country right now is sitting back, laughing their asses off at America's weak attempt to boycott...I know I surely would be.

BKKloppenborg
05-18-2004, 02:55 PM
Every gas station owner in the country right now is sitting back, laughing their asses off at America's weak attempt to boycott...I know I surely would be.

LOL probaly, but at least we could try but most ppl i talked to on the other forms don't give a fuck even if it goes up to $4.00. We should all care...

deadlight
05-18-2004, 02:56 PM
Why should we? So we can show the rest of the world how greedy we are? They'd kill for 2 bucks a gallon in Europe.

cvergi01
05-18-2004, 04:15 PM
I get paid tommorrow (the 19th) and I'm almost on "E" so........ :flip:
I'm fillin up

BKKloppenborg
05-18-2004, 04:17 PM
I get paid tommorrow (the 19th) and I'm almost on "E" so........ :flip:
I'm fillin up

Yup my car usally dosn't even take 20 dollers its takes about 15 at 1.35 cents when its was at least... Now i have to put like 25 dollers in that small tank, when will it all end??? :rolleyes:

88accordalltheway
05-18-2004, 04:23 PM
this boycott wont work if you only do it through emails, there should be an orginzation for it, passing out flyers and stuff like that. Its going to take more effort than just emails, or even on the net for that matter. It is going to need media attention, and lots of it.

mzabeefy
05-18-2004, 05:06 PM
There has been some media attention, I've heard about it on the radio and it was on www.msn.com

MIK3
05-18-2004, 06:30 PM
Yeah. I think this is more of a publicity stunt than anything really, or else these guys would have started this "boycott" a long, long time ago...well at least it's planning stage.

MIK3
05-18-2004, 06:40 PM
Oh yeah, here's the link...that was posted on MSN

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/5003750/

I hope Kerry can get a hold of this situation when he's president, too bad we have to wait until then. Go figure bush and his monkey crew of a cabinet members don't do anything...that'll get you a good vote in November.

BKKloppenborg
05-18-2004, 07:23 PM
YES at least on Channel 10 it told everyone about the gas thing tommrow!! Hell ya! they did a poll and 84% would partcipate and other wouldn't lol. O well not that it would lower prices anyways.

Rendon LX-i
05-18-2004, 08:14 PM
A u never now right. lol. i park my shit all day tommorow i got a half tank and my car has good gas milage so it besta be lowering some prices lol

Ravenix
05-18-2004, 09:31 PM
lol this is retarded, do you really think that this will actually reach enough people for it to work?

the gas thing doesnt bother me in the least, my car gets 30+ miles to the gallon city, and on top of that my stepdad works for a gas company and i get free gas.

so when this silly plan ends up backfiring, ill be sittin back and laughing.

deadlight
05-20-2004, 05:45 AM
Hmm, well you guys are lucky, gas prices didn't skyrocket, because the plan didn't work and nobody ran out of cash because of a chain letter. Imagine that.