PDA

View Full Version : Code 5-MAP sensor

Airborn82
05-16-2004, 09:43 PM
Hi everyone,
I did a search on MAP sensor, can't find anything of use to me. I was referred to 3geez.com from a member of preludepower.com. The problem I have is this... While replacing the EGR valve in my 1987 Honda Prelude 2.0Si (FI), I broke off a sensor with a single wire coming from it. It's connected to the thermostat. After I replaced the EGR, my car's PGMFI light comes on while driving, and also the ECU is throwing a code 5 fault. Is that the MAP sensor that I snapped off? If so, does anyone know where to find a new one? Thank you in advance guys.

AZmike
05-17-2004, 06:12 AM
The single wire sensor on the back of the thermostat housing is the temperature sender for the coolant temperature gauge. The MAP sensor is located in the black emissions control box, in the corner of the box farthest from the engine. You may have disconnected one of the vacuum lines (#21) running to it while messing with the EGR system.

Airborn82
05-17-2004, 10:01 AM
It's pretty crazy, but that's exactly what was wrong. It was a misrouted vacuum line. When I disconnected them all, I switched two of 'em one of 'em being the #21 vacuum line. You the man! Now it's still throwing the code (yes I reset my ECU by unplugging the fuse)... but it's running like a beast! Thanks Mike! :lol:

AZmike
05-17-2004, 01:05 PM
Glad to help--it what this board is for. Is it still throwing the MAP code or the EGR code? Most EGR problems are related to the constant vacuum valve in the emissions control box rather than the EGR valve itself.

Airborn82
05-17-2004, 11:49 PM
Yea, it's still a code 5 for the MAP sensor on the ECU, but it's running great; so I'm going to leave it for now I guess unless anyone has a suggestion... :sad2:

AZmike
05-18-2004, 10:41 AM
How long did you leave out the ECU fuse? I've heard it can take several minutes to reset.

Airborn82
05-18-2004, 12:06 PM
I only unplugged the fuse for about a minute, I'll let you know...