PDA

View Full Version : Coilovers

rollinhnda88
05-17-2004, 11:39 AM
I am wanting to put a set of coilovers on my car and i have brand new OEM struts in the box because i bought them a long time ago. and i was wondering what would be a good set of coilovers to get i have an 88 Honda Accord lx and what are the pros and the cons of coil overs cuz im wanting to have a little tight of a suspension so i can corner better and so i have the look too and would i need a camber kit or could i just go have a full alignment job done to it and i would be fine? any suggestions or coments would help thanks

rollinhnda88
05-18-2004, 11:06 AM
any at all?

cvergi01
05-18-2004, 12:28 PM
did you try to use the search button at the top?

AZmike
05-18-2004, 01:46 PM
Stock dampers will not work well with any spring that is much stiffer than stock. This includes every coilover that I'm familiar with. Some members are happy with Tokicos for softer lowering springs. Most coilovers use such stiff springs that they require revalved Bilsteins (~$600) to keep the ride from being bouncy and floaty. Why are you planning on using coilovers? If you don't need to change the height and are not planning to corner-balance the car you may want to consider lowerering spring instead.

Look at the first six 'sticky' threads in the suspension section for more details.
You should probably start here:
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=11093

superguillermo
05-19-2004, 11:16 PM
Above 1.5" drop you probably won't need camber. Even if you did...there's a couple techniques to solve it without spending a bundle. You might as well find some soft lowering springs cuz coilovers are stiff as helll. If you do put coilovers + stock struts you'll only end up blowing your struts. Do lots of researd and get the suspension right the first time.

lightbulblxi
05-19-2004, 11:40 PM
i have dropzone coilovers, they are cheap(like 100 bucks) and give u the look u want but are very stiff, so stiff that i havfe almost lost control cuz i was doin over a hundred, hit a bump, and flew out of my seat.

rollinhnda88
05-20-2004, 02:54 AM
well the struts i have are gabriel are they any good

AZmike
05-20-2004, 08:11 AM
No, they are stock replacements.

Have you read he sticky threads yet?

superguillermo
05-20-2004, 03:43 PM
If you want a good suspension setup be ready to drop some cash...it just depends what you want.