PDA

View Full Version : Carb Cleaner and Fuel Treatment

HondaBoy
05-17-2004, 07:12 PM
i had looked at my carb a while back and saw it needed to be cleaned out again. must be this dusty ass air that gets it dirty, might help if i got a better air filter too. anyway, i went and bought a can of carb cleaner and some berryman B12 chemtool. i poured that B12 into the gas. i know it works well to clean up the combustion chamber and gas tank. thats what we used when my grandma put diesel into the '02 accord a long time back. i sprayed my carb with the cleaner. it took all the gold varnish off, sprayed the jet things, i think that helped a lot. over 3 days i've noticed the bog that it started has gone away, so theres a noticeable bit of response time reduction. i dont know if it had anything to do with the increase in available acceleration, but i did put on my lighter 13's. maybe that was it, but i'd like to think its the carb and fuel cleaner. i'll have to pay attention and see if the 14's are what makes it a little slower. i'd reccomend the carb cleaner and the berryman B12 chemtool if you engine knocks slightly. i had to use a funel to pour it into the tank. anyone else like that B12 treatment?

HondaBoy
05-21-2004, 10:53 PM
dont know if any of y'all have tried this stuff. anyway, it has definately done good. it has more pick up, more throtal response. its getting better gas mileage too.

k-roy
05-21-2004, 11:52 PM
Try running some 95 Octane with a bit of torulene mixed in. You better pray your shit is tuned correctly for that.

88accordhb
05-22-2004, 12:14 AM
i'm goin to clean my carb tomorrow. lol

BoneStock
05-22-2004, 04:46 AM
Take it apart and kit it, you can clean it in the process. What you did, IMHO, is a temporary fix. Sure it works better, but you will extend the life of your carb, by giving it a good cleaning and some new pieces. Not sure on the cost, but the kit for my edelbrock 600 was right around 45-50 dollars. Even if you've never pulled a carb apart before in your life, there is an exploded picture, so it's idiot proof, just dont lose the new pieces in your excitement, lol.

HondaBoy
05-22-2004, 07:47 AM
nah, i'm lookin at getting a new performance carb instead of rebuilding the original. or maybe something else if i can get enough money during the summer.

wprocomp
05-22-2004, 07:59 AM
rebuilding the 3g carb is usless,it will never run the same(why I dont know)...most of the time your best bet is to go remanufactured carb or weber...also I personally reccomend you stay away from carb cleaners,but most would say it dont matter....