PDA

View Full Version : Msd Btm?

myaccord7
05-17-2004, 09:59 PM
i have an lx and i dont plan to change it to FI or adding a turbo but i do plan to add nitrous in a year or so. my question is, does the BTM have a rev limiter and can i hook one up to my distributor? thanks

zach :dunno:

Gregg86DX
05-17-2004, 10:22 PM
A plain MSD BTM does nothing but reduce timing based on boost. (Boost Timing Master). It won't help with Nitrous. An MSD 6BTM is an MSD 6AL plus BTM. It boosts spark, has a rev limiter and reduces timing based on boost. Still not what you want for nitrous. You want an MSD 6AL and an MSD 8982 Timing Retard.

Gregg

i have an lx and i dont plan to change it to FI or adding a turbo but i do plan to add nitrous in a year or so. my question is, does the BTM have a rev limiter and can i hook one up to my distributor? thanks

zach :dunno:

myaccord7
05-18-2004, 10:11 PM
yeah thats what ive been looking for, a 6al, i didnt know if the BTM had Rev Limiter, i found some btms on ebay for 150 just wondering. thanks

zaCH

Justin86
05-18-2004, 10:41 PM
yea the 6al is the way to go, and if you want to save space try putting it in the glove box or in the wiper arm cover. I have all my N2O stuff hidden in there, sleeper style. :)