PDA

View Full Version : i got to say yesterday was a goodday at the junk yard

BIGEEZ
05-18-2004, 08:15 AM
i most of been blessed from the heaven's above. yesterday i gone to my local junk yard and guess what i've found? an sei seating there without no one taking some off yet. i didnt know what i found until i got in and show the cup holders. i was like ooooh my GOD. thank you lord. i got my tool and got to work. after that i look in the trunk and find that it still had speakers hooked up in the back. to my brown eyes i show two new jbl 6 by 9's. i grabed my tool took that off.as soon as i fineshed they had bought a honda civic 92. i looked inside that one and found system wires monster cable's gold tips. i grab that too. it others stuff but i didnt need that so i rolled out cause it was time to bounce. up in the parking lot i looked around and show a muffler sitting on the ground. so i drove up to it and so it was a nice muffler than readed it was a flowmaster muffer with a crome tip. so i grap that. to make my story short i went to day an pick up some very needed tires four for only $48. the other stuff i got for less than $20. man i am blessed.

ya geez need to hit up ya junk yard to see what you can find. :rockon:

Vanilla Sky
05-18-2004, 08:24 AM
DAMN you ripped them off

Mike's89AccordLX
05-18-2004, 08:27 AM
Did you get the volume control switch on the steering wheel? Usually you can get small stuff like that for free and make a killing on ebay.

-Mike

BIGEEZ
05-18-2004, 08:31 AM
Did you get the volume control switch on the steering wheel? Usually you can get small stuff like that for free and make a killing on ebay.

-Mike

Mike's89AccordLX
05-18-2004, 08:32 AM
Usually you can sell just that switch for about $20-$30 just for the switch man. And you can usually get it for free. I haven't been lucky enough to find a Sei in the junk yard yet.

BIGEEZ
05-18-2004, 08:34 AM
Usually you can sell just that switch for about $20-$30 just for the switch man. And you can usually get it for free. I haven't been lucky enough to find a Sei in the junk yard yet.

well damn i got to go back and pick that up. but how can i use it and how would i take it off? how can i hook it up on my wheel and aftermarket cd player?

Mike's89AccordLX
05-18-2004, 08:45 AM
I dont think you can use it with an aftermarket cd player. To my knowledge you can't but who knows. I think you just need a philips screwdriver and then unclip the wires. Does it have foglights or foglight switch? If so get those b/c you can get some good money for them too.

-Mike

BIGEEZ
05-18-2004, 08:50 AM
I dont think you can use it with an aftermarket cd player. To my knowledge you can't but who knows. I think you just need a philips screwdriver and then unclip the wires. Does it have foglights or foglight switch? If so get those b/c you can get some good money for them too.

-Mike

any other things i can grap off of it?

Mike's89AccordLX
05-18-2004, 08:54 AM
The rear disc brakes and all of the lines and stuff that applys with the rear brakes. The Sei console with armrest. The leather seats, dash, door panels, and pretty much everything. If it has the stock bose stereo grab that and the amp that it had. The SEi wheels. Emblems and I think that's pretty much it other than the front and rear sway bars underneath.

-Mike

BIGEEZ
05-18-2004, 08:56 AM
The rear disc brakes and all of the lines and stuff that applys with the rear brakes. The Sei console with armrest. The leather seats, dash, door panels, and pretty much everything. If it has the stock bose stereo grab that and the amp that it had. The SEi wheels. Emblems and I think that's pretty much it other than the front and rear sway bars underneath.

-Mike

were's the amp? located also how good are the sway bars? are the worth it? to go over all that trouble?

BIGEEZ
05-18-2004, 08:57 AM
i already grab the cup holder console.

Vinny
05-18-2004, 08:59 AM
hehe I plan on getting the brakes on Saturday, since its a long pain in the butt job to get ALL of it. Since we are already having a meet up there I might as well go up early and spend the day getting dirty :D

BIGEEZ
05-18-2004, 09:02 AM
hehe I plan on geting the brakes on Saturday. :D

its on row ?????

Vinny
05-18-2004, 09:05 AM
shhhhhhh don't tell everyone :rofl:

cvergi01
05-18-2004, 09:08 AM
[QUOTE=BIGEEZ] i grab my tool and got to work. QUOTE] :ugh:

Hash_man_Se_i
05-18-2004, 09:34 AM

Yes you can... if you grab the controls, you can get an adapter called the SWI-X, i'm not sure who makes it, but it makes it so the controls will work with any aftermarket deck that has a remote.

BIGEEZ
05-18-2004, 09:37 AM
good looking out gee

Moodybluesr
05-18-2004, 12:09 PM
The SEi front "grill" piece and the headlight trim are a different color (kind of a bronze tint) than a regular Accord. Someone on here was looking for those pieces if I remember correctly. I didn't know those steering wheel controls were worth anything... my parts car has those still intact and they actually work.

johndej
05-18-2004, 05:57 PM
dude, if you taking that much, buy it as a parts car for like $100.

Cheeseburger
05-18-2004, 07:06 PM
dam thats a really good buy man,

MoonScryer
05-18-2004, 07:43 PM
I know which one that thing is. Mint green right? If it is, I saw them driving it around the yard the day before it got put up for scavening. I'm going to check that motor out for my 'lude when I help Vinny.

lightbulblxi
05-19-2004, 12:35 AM
originally posted by vinny
hehe I plan on getting the brakes on Saturday, since its a long pain in the butt job to get ALL of it. Since we are already having a meet up there I might as well go up early and spend the day getting dirty

bwhahahahhahaa! i already have mine put in sucker, u could have too, but NOOOOOOO< carls werent good enuff for u, well HA BITCH, i goit carls and they are better than yours will EVAR be!! hahaha, jp, just thought id let u kno that since u didnt get carls, i got them, very nice, came with everything plus tons of extra hardware :D

ag bullet
05-19-2004, 03:01 AM
I was the one looking for the center grille piece and headlight trim, since mine are cracked on my SEi. I would like the Amp too if it is still in the trunk. It is bolted to the bottom of the rear deck. If it is a coupe I also need the power window switch for the driver's side.

Vinny
05-19-2004, 04:00 AM
bwhahahahhahaa! i already have mine put in sucker, u could have too, but NOOOOOOO< carls werent good enuff for u, well HA BITCH, i goit carls and they are better than yours will EVAR be!! hahaha, jp, just thought id let u kno that since u didnt get carls, i got them, very nice, came with everything plus tons of extra hardware :D

Carls an awesome person to do business with. Very awesome guy. And no mine are better because they are all new and have been on longer :D

BIGEEZ
05-19-2004, 07:48 AM
I was the one looking for the center grille piece and headlight trim, since mine are cracked on my SEi. I would like the Amp too if it is still in the trunk. It is bolted to the bottom of the rear deck. If it is a coupe I also need the power window switch for the driver's side.

the center grille is off. the headlight trim i think is still on. the amp is in the trunk on right. the power window switch is there.

unc25
05-19-2004, 10:59 AM
If he went to Pull-a-part they dont sell the whole car...I have tried that about 4 times already.....
But pull-a-part is awesome!!! They have pretty much everything you need and way cheap!!!! And little stuff is always free when it can fit in your pocket!

ag bullet
05-19-2004, 11:02 AM
the center grille is off. the headlight trim i think is still on. the amp is in the trunk on right. the power window switch is there.

OK scratch the headlight trim. I definitly want the switch and the amp. Let me know how to proceed!

86LXi|JustONE
05-19-2004, 11:18 AM
go fetch me a tranny pweaaaase :) lol

Vinny
05-19-2004, 11:27 AM
go fetch me a tranny pweaaaase :) lol

You'd be cheaper to get one there. Shipping from here would run ya almost 125 bucks

86LXi|JustONE
05-19-2004, 11:51 AM
ahhh right-on...how much do trannys go for by the way? like 300?

BIGEEZ
05-19-2004, 11:54 AM
over here at p-a-p it coast me like $64

Vinny
05-19-2004, 12:00 PM
you can get a rebuilt for 475 plus shipping from a place in N FL

86LXi|JustONE
05-19-2004, 12:50 PM
expensive i say...

Vinny
05-19-2004, 04:13 PM
depends. Comes with a 1 year warranty and they do a complete tear down. So far I've bought 2 from them and have had NO problems at all. The extra cost is worth it to me. Thats all they do is manual transmissions. I got a little tired of pulling used trannies in and out of the car trying to save money