PDA

View Full Version : nitrous ?

88ebrake
05-18-2004, 12:25 PM
ok i got a 88 lxi pretty stock got cold air and header and catback on the way it has 170,000 miles i was gonna see if i could put a 50 or 75 shot i preffer 75 but 50 will do and is wet harder on the motor or dry, im gonna get a rebuild kit be4 i put the kit on but could i run it before i get the kit or no

88ebrake
05-18-2004, 12:26 PM
and im not a certified mechanic or anything but i can do most anything to a car i was also wondering how hard is a kit to put on could a normal mechanic do it or is it preety advanced

Mike's89AccordLX
05-18-2004, 12:29 PM
Do you have an upgraded ignition system so it will handle the boost? You need to upgrade this stuff b/c it's very important.

86LXItooFAST4me
05-18-2004, 12:36 PM
talk to NXRacer

Mike's89AccordLX
05-18-2004, 12:38 PM
I always thought dry was better but NXRacer will tell you wet is the better one to use. I'm planning on juicing my car as soon as I get the important things done to it.

-Mike

86LXItooFAST4me
05-18-2004, 12:44 PM
you know what the diff inbtween both is right? Dry is just shooting N2O into the intake or TB, wet is the same but mixed with Fuel at the spray point. i think, lol. i think the wet would be better since its already started the A/F mixture by the time its shoot.

Elijah
05-18-2004, 12:46 PM
I have a nx wet kit or had but it got jacked. But I will have one again right away waiting for it. Anyway I would say wet is by far safer. It shoots fuel with no2 at the same time. This not being so hard on the motor as straight no2. And a 50 shot wet is safe. And the install on nx is really easy it has a step by step instructions. I say 3-4 hours and you will be running the extra hp. I have run 75 with only upgraded ignition and exhaust and had NO problems. Remember the wetter the better

Mike's89AccordLX
05-18-2004, 12:48 PM
Can you get a super wet kit? ;)

Justin86
05-18-2004, 02:44 PM
yea you can run a 50 shot no problem, with out a fresh engine. The wet kit is pretty easy to hook up. With the I/H/E you should be just fine, don't have to upgrade the ingniton if you don't want to. You can run a 75 shot but it will be harder on a old engine and also get some colder plugs. :)

86LXItooFAST4me
05-18-2004, 05:32 PM
yea you can run a 50 shot no problem, with out a fresh engine. The wet kit is pretty easy to hook up. With the I/H/E you should be just fine, don't have to upgrade the ingniton if you don't want to. You can run a 75 shot but it will be harder on a old engine and also get some colder plugs. :)

why do that when you can burn a hole in your cyl??? :dunno:

Justin86
05-18-2004, 07:29 PM
burn a hole is the cylinder....... hum thats why I suggested the colder plugs, with that and a wet shot it is pretty safe.

88ebrake
05-18-2004, 08:06 PM
well i would put a 50 but thats prolly weak im gonna go wet but i have bosch p+4 in it right now so a 75 shot of wet would be fine if i get just a ignition module i already have 8.5mm wires and high flow distibuter and blaster coil and if i run 75 u think it will tear my motor up in a lil while

Justin86
05-18-2004, 09:12 PM
bosch P+4. Yea what ever is colder then stock I can't remember the grading scale they use, but having NGK's will be the best. I had the Bosch platinums for a month and I got NGK's, they are much better for Honda engines.

88ebrake
05-19-2004, 01:52 PM
i was gonna get ngk the first time but they didnt have em in stock so i just got these does anyone know where i can get a good deal on a wet kit i want nx cause it comes with diff nozzles to change the spray rating and also if im runnin a 75 how many shots do u get out of a full bottle

Jokez
05-19-2004, 02:07 PM
i was gonna get ngk the first time but they didnt have em in stock so i just got these does anyone know where i can get a good deal on a wet kit i want nx cause it comes with diff nozzles to change the spray rating and also if im runnin a 75 how many shots do u get out of a full bottle
75 shot is alot for a honda, I would go with the 50 shot just to be more on the safe side. You might want to upgrade your injectors as well. Get a bad ass purge kit to come out of the honda emblem.

NXRacer
05-19-2004, 04:22 PM
do NOT use your platinum +4's with NX. They're weak and are liable to fall apart. Broken spark plugs = motor ownage

Wet kits are deffinately safer because you have much less of chance of leaning out and detonating with will blow your motor faster then you can say OH SHIT. The only problem with wet kits (or so i've heard) is that you can get puddles in your intake manifold which could cause problems like irregular fuel delivery, but i have yet to see somebody have a problem with NX in a car.

You could easily run a 50 shot on your motor, but it would be a good idea to rebuild if you're going to run a higher shot then that.

PM me or email me if you want to know about getting an NX kit. I can get em for cheaper then you'll find most anywhere.