PDA

View Full Version : led install question.

pixiesfan78
05-19-2004, 09:12 AM
ok i know their is a lot of threads about this but really no info on how to get the bulbs to fit right .ive got 50 leds coming in a few days 3mm blues reds and uvs. my question is how did you guys get them to fit good with the resister and everything? i pulled out the defroster/ popup headlight/dimmer swithch and twisted the stock bulb out to see what i was working with.it looks like it would be difficult to fit the bulb down in there and solder the two connections could someone who has done this give me some pointers.i cant wait to get it done thanks.

DeathRat
05-19-2004, 04:03 PM
My LEDs came with resistors attached already. All I had to do was install them where I liked with the kit's provided 2-sided tape.

pixiesfan78
05-19-2004, 05:31 PM
im not following you. so you taped the bulbs outside of the sockets to where the shine into the hole .where exactly did you install the bulbs i.e. behind the climate controlls or what. i will be doing all of the stock lights exept a few in the guage cluster.and the dome lamp. anybody out there done all the dashlights?

train
05-21-2004, 04:47 PM
you bought 50 LEDs?? wow. i won't start, but what a waste of money. :sad2:

pixiesfan78
05-21-2004, 08:24 PM
waste of money do you even own an accord the stock dashlights are fugley if you didnt notice. furthermore i didnt ask for oppinions i asked for a helping hand from one of the other 20 or 30 members on here who have swapped their dashlights.so choochoochoothefuckonbiatch.

pixiesfan78
05-21-2004, 08:57 PM
oh yeah nevermind about the question everybody i figured everything out the twistout bulbs are super easy when you twist the stock bulb out you can remove the glass part from the little black mounting base there on then run the two wires from the leds through the stock bulb holder then hook up your resister the longer side of the leds wires is positive. then twist the wires around the base just like they were on the stock bulbs. you then need to find out wich one of the contacts on the board is posive with a multimeter. then twist the bulb back in to place with the resister conected to the positive of the led and the board. no soldering nescessary hence no need to order pre soldered leds wich cost more. as for the sockets with the push in bulbs like the ash tray' the key light up bulb wich is very bright now i love it i can see where to put the key . and a few others its easier just to cut off the stock socket off and splice the bulb in direct to the lead wire then hot glue the bulb into the hole it will go in. i hope this helps anyone who may want to get rid of there boring stock dashlights. oh yeah get 3 mm leds and i dont know why some people say they lost dimmer capabillitys but i have no problem with my dimmer they just dont dim as much becouse there so much brighter the stock. im goin outside to lay some more glass on my new fiberglass sub enclosure its coming out damn good only the subs will stick out of the floor of the trunk angled up towards the ports in the rear dash the weel well has become a sub enclosure now so no more spare but hey i can always call somebody to bring me my spare right right .laters guys ..............

sleepee
05-21-2004, 09:45 PM
show us some pics :sadwave:

pixiesfan78
05-22-2004, 09:15 PM
sorry sleepee man no cam right now. even if i did have one i dont think i would post my ride up here till its painted wouldnt want to make a bad first impression.

pixiesfan78
05-30-2004, 11:15 PM
you bought 50 LEDs?? wow. i won't start, but what a waste of money. :sad2: train spends his money on vasseline why do you think they call him train :) i told you to choochoochoothefuckonbiatch. tell your boyfriend to stop calling me bitch i aint gay.

DeathRat
05-31-2004, 05:56 AM
im not following you. so you taped the bulbs outside of the sockets to where the shine into the hole .where exactly did you install the bulbs i.e. behind the climate controlls or what. i will be doing all of the stock lights exept a few in the guage cluster.and the dome lamp. anybody out there done all the dashlights?
Not quite....the 2 sided tape sticks on the attached resistor. The LED is about 3/8" from the resistor. See pic below. The LED iteself can bend too to properly position it.

pixiesfan78
05-31-2004, 02:31 PM
oh dude thats sweet my leds are as plain as they come just a bulb and resister.i got most of them to work well although being an idiot i tryed to reolace all the bulbs that light the guages from behind . the only problem i had was that the numbers dont light evenly some are bright and some are dim. it doesnt look to bad at night but if you turn it on in the day you can really see it. oh well geuss ill be getting the pro car parts gauges after all.all the ones in the dash text look exelant though.

DeathRat
05-31-2004, 05:28 PM
These are ultra bright BLUE in colour. I got 4 for $26.00 CAN. I've used 2 already in my front bumper lights (wired to a toggle switch, can be used as driving lights). See pic below!
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/11/web/491000-491999/491601_98.jpg
The other 2, I haven't decided where to put them yet.