PDA

View Full Version : Question about performance modules

AQcz
05-19-2004, 04:27 PM
Searched and notice that most if not all do nothing. Usually just a resistor that you can get from radio shack for $1.00.

My question which probably you probably can't answer is if these things don't work why do the sellers usually have most it not all positive feedback? The chip has to do something or I don't get it... All I could really think of is 3 things: either the people just think they're car has more horsepower but it really doesn't... Ok I could only think of 1 thing. After more thinking the other 2 probably aren't it.

This is the item I was looking it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2478708252&category=33553

For the record I had no intention of purchasing it. Just did a search for 88 accords and it came up.

AccordEpicenter
05-19-2004, 07:30 PM
its all bs... people buy anything on the internet... like electric superchargeres.. :sad2: :uh: :rolleyes: :rice: :owned: :deal: :sadwave:

k-roy
05-19-2004, 07:32 PM
I tried the resistor trick, and it did next to nothing. I am glad I only spent pocket change on it.

browntimdc
05-20-2004, 10:23 AM
I'm just curious where that widget on Ebay connects to.

dillirk
05-21-2004, 01:48 PM
I belive it goes on your temp sensor. It tells the computer that the engine is cooler than it realy is so the computer will advance the timing. It does work, but with little or no mods you wont notice the small timing advance and eventualy the computer will "learn" that your lying to it and put the timing back where it is supposed to be.