PDA

View Full Version : choice of tail lights

netfreak
07-17-2002, 12:21 AM
What kind of options do I have for modifying the tail lights on my 88 accord? I've seen a "half black" mod in other threads here... Is that basically my only option or are there aftermarket lights available (like altezza)?

Gregs89AccordLxi
07-17-2002, 12:42 AM
For sure theres no aftermarket tail lights available, with the tailights you have to mod them yourself! Other than blacking them out some guys on here have made there own clears, but most paint there tailights transparent candie apple red which gives it a clean look without the orange! Hey Welcome to the board :D :wave:

netfreak
07-17-2002, 01:11 AM
thanks. i figured i'd end up doing it myself.

the mod isn't one of my top priorities so i'll probably worry about it in a few months :p

Shagen
07-19-2002, 02:53 PM
I am planning to make my own clears eventually but if you dont want that much work I would just go with the transparent red cause personally I dont like the blackouts. Go to my post about clear tail lights for a link to a web page that has the info on how to make them

netfreak
07-19-2002, 03:11 PM
Cool thanks.

I might go with the blackout style though.. I'll be eventually painting my car black so it'll go with the general scheme.