PDA

View Full Version : 3g doesn't but does 4g

cahil_1
05-19-2004, 08:46 PM
Got a question and it kinda has to do with timing belt but concerning a 4th gen accord, don't trash me if i'm not in the right area. Anyways, i lost a timing belt on my 3g before and it didn't bend the valves, If the timing belt on a 4g breaks will it bend the valves?? trying to help a friend i know this might be a shot in the dark. so let me have it! :dunno:

k-roy
05-19-2004, 08:58 PM
Flip a coin, thats your chances of a fucked up head. The only way to tell is by ripping out the head.

AZmike
05-19-2004, 10:30 PM
The only way to tell is by ripping out the head.

Or you could spend $30 on a new belt and give it a chance to work right. If you're lucky you're done; otherwise you have a timing belt to use once the engine is mechanically sound again.

smufguy
05-23-2004, 07:32 AM
Or you could spend $30 on a new belt and give it a chance to work right. If you're lucky you're done; otherwise you have a timing belt to use once the engine is mechanically sound again.

Thats one of the simple and best advices i have heard in a long time :). i like it. :rockon:

AccordEpicenter
05-23-2004, 08:27 AM
yes on an f22 engine the valves will go right thru the piston face

P|eszczoH
05-23-2004, 12:07 PM
yes on an f22 engine the valves will go right thru the piston face
in a f20 it will f*** up too
even in a 3g it can.
If You take your head of You ll see that the piston are specially formed
( there is a digged area for every valve )
I did test it while changing a timing belt and valves and pistons do crash in a 3g A20A.
ina 4g there are more valves :-) so it will cost you more :-)
any way when it happsns its really bad.
see Ya.