PDA

View Full Version : Another Rear Mount Battery ?tion

bertoaccord89
05-20-2004, 03:11 AM
I Mounted My Battery In The Trunk .when I Start The Car It Hesitates To Start . My Question Is Do I Have To Run A Seperate Wire From Front To Back For The Fuse Box.right Know The Wire Is Going From Fuse Box To Starter . Let Me Know What You Think Thanks.

SteveDX89
05-20-2004, 03:23 AM
There should be a wire going from the battery directly to the starter and a wire that goes into the fuse box.

bertoaccord89
05-20-2004, 03:37 AM
Yea But Do You Think It Matters If It Goes From Starter To Fuse Box Or Battery To Fuse Box Or Are You Trying To Say Battery To Fuse Box.

SteveDX89
05-20-2004, 03:53 AM
The stock battery terminal branches off to those 2 places. If you still have the stock terminal, you'll see what I mean. You should probably hook it up the same way as stock. I think if you have the wire going from the battery to starter and then starter to fusebox, the fusebox will only get power when the starter is engaged.

HostileJava
05-20-2004, 07:13 AM
Basically they both have to be hooked up in parallel, as long as your wire is going to both terminals without going through any devices your fine, I think your hesitation problem is more likely due to not having a good ground or not using a heavy enough gauge wire for the remote location. I know that's a pretty basic drawing but the first one has the positve running in parallel which is what you want and the second has it running in series which is bad.

Justin86
05-20-2004, 11:13 AM
what gauge wire did you use, either 4 or 2 will work suffucent. Also it is best to hook those wires up just like they were stock with kind of a Y joint.

bertoaccord89
05-20-2004, 05:26 PM
That Is What Im Going To Try Hooking Them Up In The Vy Like Factory Let You Now How It Works Thank Guys For The Help

Vanilla Sky
05-20-2004, 05:34 PM
just run to the front and put in a distribution block and go to the fuse panel and starter from there... IMO, i owuld run 0gauge