PDA

View Full Version : jdm

classicaccord
05-20-2004, 12:36 PM
anyone know were i can find jdm corner lights!

86LXItooFAST4me
05-20-2004, 12:40 PM
ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33708&item=2479521918

RobT5580
05-20-2004, 04:45 PM
Japan! I got some coming hopefully soon.

guaynabo89
05-20-2004, 06:14 PM
Japan! I got some coming hopefully soon.

dealer or someone over there?

Hash_man_Se_i
05-20-2004, 09:36 PM
I can get some from an importer locally, but I also want to source out the JDM, or EDM bumper with the reverse fog lights in it.

ivanfbi
05-20-2004, 09:49 PM
WHAT IS THE POINT OF GETTING EVERYTHING JDM? explain this to me. I am ok, if you pay like up to $20 for them, but what is the point of paying $60+S&H for smoked corner lights? they are same as USDM but smoked. you can smoke them yourself for $$$ cheaper...I don't undrstand you guys. IMHO

Mike's89AccordLX
05-21-2004, 06:27 AM
They are not the same as USDM corners. If you've seen them then you would know what I'm talking about. And you won't be able to buy them for $20 anywhere. Unless it's from a crack user that needs a fix.

I've got the only JDM Spoiler in the US.
I'm getting JDM corners (in the mail)
I'm getting JDM Bumper Signals (in the mail, and I will be the only one in the US to have those too)

HostileJava
05-21-2004, 06:30 AM
They are not the same as USDM corners. If you've seen them then you would know what I'm talking about. And you won't be able to buy them for $20 anywhere. Unless it's from a crack user that needs a fix.

I'm getting JDM Bumper Signals (in the mail, and I will be the only one in the US to have those too)

But not for long......

RobT5580
05-21-2004, 07:19 AM
My guy in Japan has a minimum shipping of $150 and the lenses run about $112 or so. So your looking at $262 or so to get brand new ones from where i order from. I recently placed a large JDM parts order which is on its way here. I did a one time large order because of his minimum shipping so i dont get scewed later if i need something else. Im sure you can find people out there willing to ship them but generally they charge higher prices for the parts. I know a guy in California that orders stuff but he almost doubles the part price and ships by boat which takes a while.

ivanfbi
05-21-2004, 07:40 AM
OMG you GUYS......what is the point? Are you planning to drive a 3 for the rest of life? If not, you will need to sell it, will you get your money back from this?

RobT5580
05-21-2004, 07:48 AM
Some people like to be different and i guess the good news for the people that have them is that the fact in Japan the discontinue parts faster than here so my guess is these corners are on limited supply. Also not many companies will ship them here unless your willing to pay good money. When i did my order i found a few things not available but nothing major for what i needed. And a lot of companies wont get parts for cars this old because of that problem so its even harder to find vendors to order parts from.

Mike's89AccordLX
05-21-2004, 08:12 AM
ivanfbi, if you don't like that we're getting these parts then don't open the jdm parts threads. I plan to keep my car for as long as I live. It's my first car and I love it. I wouldn't get the money that I put into it back nor would I get the hard work that I put into it back. I don't care since I'm not going to sell it. I have money to spend and I want to spend it on things that I want. Please don't tell me how to spend my hard earned money.

Blue Impact
05-21-2004, 08:30 AM
Fellas, no need to get childish over this. C'mon, it's just taste of the flavors. Some people like JDM just as much as some people like ricing out their cars and vice versa and JDM is the trend now just like how it was a couple of years ago when body kits and big wings were the sh*t. But let me assure you that rice will never die. :D

Hash_man_Se_i
05-21-2004, 02:09 PM

I find that one hard to believe, especially cuz I have seen about 4 3geez here in Calgary with that same spoiler.

Busted_Blue
05-21-2004, 02:29 PM
I find that one hard to believe, especially cuz I have seen about 4 3geez here in Calgary with that same spoiler.

Well you are in canada...LOL

Mike's89AccordLX
05-21-2004, 02:36 PM
Yeah I was about to say that. I'm not going to be the only one for long since I will be making replica spoilers soon. They wont be true jdm but next best thing to it.

-Mike

train
05-21-2004, 04:14 PM

explain to me how you KNOW you are the only person in the entire united states with a JDM spoiler, or how you will be the ONLY one in the US with JDM bumper signals. i hear this all the time, and i'd like to hear how someone comes to this conclusion. i find that very hard to believe. VERY hard.

Hash_man_Se_i
05-21-2004, 04:40 PM
explain to me how you KNOW you are the only person in the entire united states with a JDM spoiler, or how you will be the ONLY one in the US with JDM bumper signals. i hear this all the time, and i'd like to hear how someone comes to this conclusion. i find that very hard to believe. VERY hard.

They don't know... but people can think what they want. I have nothing against that.. JDM is pimp.
I myself really want to import a JDM accord with a B20 for next year, now that would be pimp.

RobT5580
05-21-2004, 05:30 PM
I can care less if its JDM but if it looks better then thats what i care about it. I guess the big thing with Honda's is most of the JDM stuff for almost any honda looks 10X better than what we get along with the engines. And as far as someone beign the only person thats stupid just basing it on who is on this message board. I have know this guy in Georgia for years who i believe was one of the first people to have a working B20A engine in the U.S. There are lots of people out there with these things that just dont spend the time online like we do.

And Mike i would be careful about making replica's of your spoiler because as i tried to do a group buy on the big brake kit i had about a dozen solid buyers and i ended up selling 3 kits in total. So i ended up spending about $100 out of my own pocket trying to help others out here. So if your gonna do it i highly recommend getting money up front because im doubtful you will sell enough to make it worth your while. I know you said in the past your not out to make money neither was I but when i had to take money out of my own pocket that was enough. Since that i have received about 30 emails asking to duplicate the part which i wouldnt mind but i dont have the CNC program so im not waisting anymore time on that.

classicaccord
05-21-2004, 07:35 PM
JDM is the shit, JDM ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!! dont be a cheap ass!

superaccord
05-21-2004, 08:53 PM
:werd:

Hash_man_Se_i
05-22-2004, 01:49 AM
I totally agree with rob... and let me tell you rob, if I had the money, and you could still do it, I would be getting that big brake kit from u this summer.

And BTW; and update on your accord? more progress on the turbo setup? or the HIDs?

RobT5580
05-22-2004, 08:16 AM
As for my car im working hard on the engine i almost did the body work first but now that summer is here id rather be driving the turbo around as of a nice looking accord with stock B20A. Im shooting for the end of June/early July for completion of the turbo project i have all the major stuff i have to get the cometic gasket then i can drop it off at the machine shop.

As for the HID's i gave up because i realized i really need my hi-beams and i cant fit the bi-xenons in there so they are up on ebay right now. Plus they are worth a bit of money which will help me finish my car a little faster so that was another factor.

guaynabo89
05-22-2004, 08:31 AM
As for the HID's i gave up because i realized i really need my hi-beams .

I saw some dual filament h.i.d.'s on ebay a while back for the h-4's.

I dont know about quality but definately a good idea.

oh and hurry up and finish your car. You and the car need some quality time. :kekeke:

RobT5580
05-22-2004, 08:42 AM
I considered that style hid but they dont compare in any form to the OEM styly HID's with real projectors. But my main concern with those were the fact that they will blind oncoming traffic plus most likely i will get a ticket for them as well and im sick of going to DMV and i surely dont want to go when i have a 3" exhaust. So im just going to clean up my H4's and get new bulbs and seal them tightly again.

guaynabo89
05-22-2004, 09:01 AM
I think blinding oncoming traffic will always be an issue.

I have piaas in my h4's and I have to point them to the ground cause i'm always geting high beamed from oncoming traffic.

Besides cars with hid from the factory blind me and I'm pretty sure they never get pulled over for it.

If happen to have some spare cash I might try those dual filament hids. We'll see though cause cash is on short supply righ now. :sadwave:

Mike's89AccordLX
05-22-2004, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the advice Rob! I plan to have a deposit on materials only then they will pay the rest for shipping and a little for labor.

And as for Train, I can't prove that I'm the only one in the US with a JDM spoiler or blinkers but I'm the only one on the board that has one and no one from the board says that they have seen them in the US so I figure that's good enough for me to say that I'm the only one. The spoiler came from the Netherlands so it never came from a car here. And try not to get so pissy about the subject. I was just stating my thoughts and other peoples thoughts and you try to make me out as some asshole. I know I wont be the only one in the US with the blinkers since there's a set on ebay right now. But like I said before I really don't care if I'm the only one whoopedy doo. If I really cared that much why would I want to make replica spoilers so other people can have the JDM look? Explain that to me I find it HARD to believe that I'm an asshole. I don't understand how you hear that all the time either since you've only been a member for less than a month.

-Mike

Hash_man_Se_i
05-22-2004, 10:02 AM
I know I wont be the only one in the US with the blinkers since there's a set on ebay right now.

What blinkers are you talking about? side markers?

And I would probably be interested in one of those spoilers, unless I can find a real one locally, they look sweet.

RobT5580
05-22-2004, 12:37 PM
There are a lot of sidemarkers around especially from when Yasu did the group buy of i think 10 pairs a while back. So they are certainly not very rare but still not widely seen.

Mike's89AccordLX
05-22-2004, 02:58 PM
I was talking about the bumper lights. Lots of people have the corners. I dont know if I will have the jdm bumper lights installed I depends what the look like on the car. I could smoke my procarparts bumper lights and have a JDM look but still be clear.

-Mike

superaccord
05-22-2004, 04:21 PM
Mike, i just did that with the clear bumper lights. Looks pretty good. I'll try and get some pics up soon.