PDA

View Full Version : Evil carb black box

StolenKar
07-17-2002, 06:01 AM
I've heard of several people now that have removed the black box with a bunch of hoses from their car with no drivebility problem. How many hoses exacly do I need for my car to run and how do I remove the box and hoses?:confused:

shepherd79
07-17-2002, 11:43 AM
that is the good question.
i have been thinking about this last night.
i know there are people in the other contries with no emission chit on them. can you post a picture of your carb in details, please.
i live in WV so emission shit is no problem here.

GreenMachine
07-17-2002, 03:56 PM
To remove the box it is just 2 bolts and an electrical clip, that is it, yank it out. Not sure what hoses you need :)

accordlx
07-17-2002, 05:36 PM
DO NOT REMOVE THIS BOX!! YOU WILL BE SORRY. Your car will not run at all. Please consult those people who have removed hoses and see what they eliminated before you remove anything. Hooking all that mess up again after removing the mystery box would be a nightmare.

shepherd79
07-17-2002, 06:05 PM
well, people who removed box, please tell us uneducated people how to remove the box and make the car run without anyproblem.

1988starter
07-17-2002, 06:28 PM
A20A1 Help

POS carb
07-17-2002, 06:53 PM
you can remove it but you're better off not touching the unit unless you have a lot of time on your hands, knowledge of the functions of the individual components and their interaction with eachother... better yet get an aftermarket carb and yank off everything :D

87DXHatch
07-17-2002, 09:06 PM
Dude, can you really just yank all that crap out? I can only imagine the unbelievable pleasure I would derive from just going crazy and ripping it all out after or during my Weber carb install.

Ohhhhh man... that would be great. And if I could get some POS carb style shots of it in action... :D :D :super: