PDA

View Full Version : My new 3g Just of a different name

paynt3r
05-21-2004, 09:40 AM
Well I finally got one, I have been wanting one for years now. It's still a honda 3g just a Prelude instead of an Accord. :rockon:
Its a 90 Prelude 4ws 2.0si
I got it from a friend at work for $500. Yes, it is wrecked :uh: . But noting I can't fix!
Go check it out!

http://members.cardomain.com/guardrail2

DanLXI88
05-21-2004, 09:54 AM
What are your plans for getting the body straight? That's a pretty nasty dent how's the frame and rear suspension? I was digging it until I seen the dent then I was like DAAAAAMN what a shame.

86LXItooFAST4me
05-21-2004, 10:34 AM
i saw one just like that the other day right downt the road for 1,000. body was in good condition and it was a 5 speed. is it worth looking into?

paynt3r
05-21-2004, 10:45 AM
What are your plans for getting the body straight? That's a pretty nasty dent how's the frame and rear suspension? I was digging it until I seen the dent then I was like DAAAAAMN what a shame.

Well, I've already found a 90 prelude in the junk yard with a good rear bumper $75, and a perfect quarter panel $150. I will go to the JY and cut the entire quarter off. Then take it home and match it up to my car to determine EXACTLY where to cut. Cut the old dented quarter off my car and weld the new quarter on. Sounds like a lota work? Oh yea :rolleyes: . But I am giving myself about a year to get the entire car done. Anyways, I still have the 3g Accord. :rockon:

Mike's89AccordLX
05-21-2004, 10:49 AM
I have some motor parts from my 91 prelude si if you need any. I also have some interior parts.

I have the TB, intake manifold, fuel rail, injectors, and some other stuff for sale. I also have a spare set of those same rims and tires and a valve cover.

-Mike

paynt3r
05-21-2004, 10:50 AM
i saw one just like that the other day right downt the road for 1,000. body was in good condition and it was a 5 speed. is it worth looking into?

Well, if it is a 4ws model, ABSOFREEEEEKINLUTLEY! If you have driven the 3g prelude with 4 Wheel Steering, you will totally fall in love with it! I have even considered trying to convert my Accord to it. Although it is probably inpossible :rolleyes: . At least where i live, I couldn't find the 3g prelude with 4ws (thats half way decient) for under $3000.

paynt3r
05-21-2004, 10:53 AM
I have some motor parts from my 91 prelude si if you need any. I also have some interior parts.

I have the TB, intake manifold, fuel rail, injectors, and some other stuff for sale. I also have a spare set of those same rims and tires and a valve cover.

-Mike

I'll keep that in mind. This was a friend of mine's car, and he kept it in emaculate condition. In fact, about 3 months before he wrecked it, he had just had the timimg belt replaced, motor tuned, and new CV boots installed.

paynt3r
05-21-2004, 11:06 AM
:rockon: Thankfully the Toyota 4Runner that hit it was tall enough that the bumper hit right above the rear tire. It did absolutely nothing to the suspension! The car runs and drives perfectly! The only part I haven't found yet to fix it is a new tail light. But I am sure one will turn up on e-bay fairly soon. Here is what I am planning on doing with the Prelude.

1) Get that quarter panel repalced!
2) Yank the motor/tranny/interior, and do a "FULL" color change. I just don't care for Red. :thumbdown . I'm thinkin like a HOC Kandy Orange :thumbup: .
3) Replace the disks with Brembo Cross drilled and slotted rotors.
4) Replace breaks.
5) New Bilstein shocks and Coils.
6) New Exhaust system.
7) Make some Custom CF accessories for the interior.
8) Cant forget the tint!

Then the wishlist.
9) Custom Turbo setup with intercooler.
10) Custom Body Kit.
11) Custom 17" Wheels and tires.

I am trying to give myself one year to get in done in. I know that sounds like a long time, but with everything else I have going on, it's gonna be tight. :rolleyes: I'll post my progress as I go.

Vinny
05-21-2004, 11:23 AM
Sounds like you have it all planned out. One question for ya........Does it have a clear title or a salvage/rebuilt title?

paynt3r
05-21-2004, 11:42 AM
Sounds like you have it all planned out. One question for ya........Does it have a clear title or a salvage/rebuilt title?

Absolutely Clean and Clear title! :rockon:

maxoutracer
05-21-2004, 11:53 AM
doesn't look that bad :)

HondaBoy
05-21-2004, 05:51 PM
im diggin that prelude in red. looks really good. that body damage isnt very bad considering you said he to T boned. that truck must have hit him somewhat slow. i'd say you got a hell of a deal. no suspension work is there? just looks like the QP needs to be cut out and replaced.

lightbulblxi
05-21-2004, 07:17 PM
damn man, its a really clean and nice car for 500 bux, besides the dent.

Busted_Blue
05-21-2004, 11:44 PM
4ws is the best models Honda ever made. There is a 4th gen Lude with 4ws, although rare. Nissans had 4ws on their 180sx models which made it hard to drift since it had so much traction!

Good find, hope you fix it

momo8517
05-22-2004, 05:05 AM
Jesus, trying to drift a front drive car alone is a pain (without using the e-brake) let alone with 4ws working against the back wheels breaking loose. It'll never drift worth anything...hey do 4ws cars still torque steer if they're front drive? I was looking at picking up a 3g lude as a project, and i'm intrigued by the idea of 4ws.

paynt3r
05-24-2004, 05:43 AM
Well, I don't see any need for drifting :dunno: . back in High School (12 yrs ago), I had an 85' Pontiac TA. Now I know that that doesn't sound to impressive, but it had been set up with a full race suspension. Now, out of the 23 cars I have owned, I had never driven a car that could corner better than that TA. Untill now! If you have checked out my cardomain page 2, you will see a Porsche 944 that I painted for a friend. He has been running autocross in it for about 6 years, and has gotten very damn good. After letting him drive the lude with the 4ws, he doesn't want me to come and compete. In fact, he feels that with a bit of Motor mods, he would like to see how it compares with his dads Ferrari 348. Now I haven't driven the 348 myself, but it would be fun to see how it compares. :cool:

paynt3r
05-24-2004, 05:52 AM
4ws is the best models Honda ever made. There is a 4th gen Lude with 4ws, although rare. Nissans had 4ws on their 180sx models which made it hard to drift since it had so much traction!

Good find, hope you fix it

I totally agree with you on that the 4ws is the best model they ever made. 88' to 91' are set up with a mechanical 4ws system. This system ties into the front steering box and cross member for mechanically controlling the rear turning. The only problem is that these components weigh about 70 lbs. But was very stable. From 92' to 96' they changed to an electronic 4ws system letting a computer controll the movement of the rear tires. This saved weigh, but from what I read on some of the prelude forums and from talking to the guys at the local Honda dealer, the electronic 4ws was riddled with issues. :sad2: I would bet that is why you don't see it on the newer models.