PDA

View Full Version : Interior Dressup kit's

customandsound
05-22-2004, 06:23 PM
what you yen's like to see as an interior dress up kit? anodized , chrome , let me know .... i am thinking about marketing something :dunno:

lightbulblxi
05-22-2004, 09:41 PM
how bout these?

gauge bezel
middle vent cover
side vent covers
some pedal covers that arent a pain in the ass to put on
the "H" in the middle of the steering wheel
the 4 horn buttons
heater and ac controls( the little sliding knobs)
dome light fixture
things in back of coupe that lock the rear windows
covers for the side compartments in rear of coupe
front ashtray
front door handles inside
diamond plate floor mats

id be interested if u could do that stuff anodized blue(except the floor mats)

customandsound
05-22-2004, 09:50 PM
i can do it in blue ..... just like my door panel :
http://img57.photobucket.com/albums/v174/customandsound/1989%20honda%20accord/pass_rear_door_panel.jpg
the diamond plate will be polished ...and with 2 % tint it look's even better
the blue is a 2 part poly coating it hard when fully cured

lightbulblxi
05-22-2004, 11:38 PM
is that just paint or is it actually anodized? and is it like the anodized look or mettalic blue?

customandsound
05-23-2004, 03:17 AM
it is a 2 coat system that ppg got ..... hard as rock and durable as all hell

shepherd79
05-23-2004, 04:57 AM
http://img57.photobucket.com/albums/v174/customandsound/1989%20honda%20accord/pass_rear_door_panel.jpg
that just plain nasty. it doesn't even flow with interior color. :rice:

PortugalFocus
05-23-2004, 10:02 AM
that just plain nasty. it doesn't even flow with interior color. :rice:

:werd:

deadlight
05-23-2004, 10:36 AM
I suppose it could always be worse...although these interiors do look a bit alike...

http://www.89accord.com/special/david3.jpg

wprocomp
05-23-2004, 10:58 AM
I am sorry but why does everyone have to have some sort of bright ass neon color in there interior that dosent match the car? I mean I can see a light silver,gumetal,pearl black,hell even a nice bronze...if you plan on doing the interior in a color to match thats ok,but just wait and paint it later...I mean do we need to make a chart of colors that match and dont match?

deadlight
05-23-2004, 11:00 AM
Yeah let's post a color wheel, one of those ones we used in Kindergarten to memorize the primary and secondary colors and which ones contrasted and which ones went together. Note to everyone, your brown-ass interior will match with almost nothing.

wprocomp
05-23-2004, 11:16 AM
wrong deadlight you forgot brown and pink :)

customandsound
05-23-2004, 06:29 PM
well the interior is black ... and it IS my car i will do to it what i want ... So if you want to comment on it $2500 and it is your's

customandsound
05-23-2004, 06:32 PM
now i see why there are more jap car's in the bone yard ....... gm is the only way to go ..........

89dxowner
05-23-2004, 06:55 PM
I think it looks good.

k-roy
05-23-2004, 06:59 PM

:barf:
WTF, are you colorblind?

Brentm
05-24-2004, 04:09 PM
to me, any painted interior is crap, unless its professional and even then.... IF you like blue and brown together thats fine, but to me it looks like crap. I wouldnt want to buy a car and have the interior crappily painted some random color that doesnt even match. Thats just my 2 cents

customandsound
05-24-2004, 04:30 PM
to me, any painted interior is crap, unless its professional and even then.... IF you like blue and brown together thats fine, but to me it looks like crap. I wouldnt want to buy a car and have the interior crappily painted some random color that doesnt even match. Thats just my 2 centsi went to ppg and i am a certified paint and body expert ... i got the paper's to prove it .... i think after 16 year in buss. i would know alot more then you think........ so want to buy a honda !!!!!!!!!!!!!cheap!!!!

DeathRat
05-24-2004, 04:40 PM
i went to ppg and i am a certified paint and body expert ... i got the paper's to prove it .... i think after 16 year in buss. i would know alot more then you think........ so want to buy a honda !!!!!!!!!!!!!cheap!!!!
Don't let these guys get you're goat! :lol:
I'm no paint expert, but I do like what you've done so far.
REMEMBER people, beauty is in the eye of the beholder! To each his own. :)

customandsound
05-24-2004, 07:53 PM
Don't let these guys get you're goat! :lol:
I'm no paint expert, but I do like what you've done so far.
REMEMBER people, beauty is in the eye of the beholder! To each his own. :)
i know what best iterior thropy's look like i got a few of them from my other car's i know what cathes the judge's eye's and don't my uncle dose it for all the show's his car club has and the more you jazz it up with neon's custom paint and that custom touch it is where the point's add up .... i took a prime car to one that was a customer's and it was hot... not a flaw and it got a dum ass plaque that was not worth even getting ........ now getting back to the real reason of this post...... what do yen's want to see in interior dress up market? the hell with the wise crack's seeing how it all is getting marketed to the car owner's i got access to a foundry that pour's alumimum sand casting ... and them part's can be dipped and cnc'ed and anodized chromed polished ect..... but in order for me to keep the price's low i need to go in there and order over 100 of 1 thing not just 2 or 3 ... that would be a high dollar sale..... and them part's will be sold at a higher cost than the plastic part's at which still will look good.....

and as of have them made at the foundry i can save cost by taking head's and stuff to have it melted and reuse the metal ... and that same place can make strut bar's ,coil over mount's and other shit ..... so let's start with the interior ........

cvergi01
05-25-2004, 08:25 AM
gimme a price and I'll probably do it

customandsound
05-25-2004, 09:17 PM
what all do you want?

customandsound
05-25-2004, 09:18 PM
i got the diamond plate i need to get time to form it ..... i will keep yen's posted on that

88accordalltheway
05-25-2004, 09:47 PM
you have to admit customsound, the color IS a little too bright for our cars and you could have chosen a color that would have fit better. You should have done black IMO. Nice and clean though and at lease you know how to do it and can do it properly.

shane_lxi
05-26-2004, 07:18 AM
Your poor choice in color combo reminds me of one thing.....

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/5/web/473000-473999/473812_15.jpg

Not good man. I htink it would look better with a straight black interior. The ford blue looks ghey in there.

DanLXI88
05-26-2004, 08:30 AM
:lol: You guys are funny. It's just an example or his work which looks good to me. Who cares what color he used on his car ?

Justin86
05-26-2004, 08:35 AM
How about some help on the vinnl parts. The plastic and metal parts are a peice of cake to paint and thats what everyone does. I want to redo everything, dash, arm rest, e-brake cover, etc. As in a good product to use that will last!

customandsound
05-26-2004, 11:45 AM
vinyl no problem .... i can do that to ..... i got my car almost done i will post all the pic's from from to back .... i can only work on it when i get a few minutes free at the shop .....

Justin86
05-26-2004, 01:13 PM
vinyl no problem .... i can do that to ..... i got my car almost done i will post all the pic's from from to back .... i can only work on it when i get a few minutes free at the shop .....
I really wanted to know what to use. I heard that you have to use a vinyl die, but they can be a pain in the ass. So what you think is a good product to use, esp for the price. I tried just regualar paint and clear coat but it rubs off after a awhile and after a few months it will begin to fade.

customandsound
05-26-2004, 02:33 PM
get sem vinyl dye .... any auto part store has it eastwood tool sell's it to... i buy it in gallon jug's and spray with a paint gun.... 2 coat's

cvergi01
05-26-2004, 03:21 PM
When I went to my local auto paint store they had interior paint

customandsound
05-26-2004, 06:18 PM
you don't want that dupli color junk it dose not stay and when you detail you car it come off ... and look's like shit ...