PDA

View Full Version : how to stop trunk rattle

staticpat
07-17-2002, 08:45 AM
i sprayed a buttload of expanding foam in between the two metal pieces on the trunk lid and would reccomend it to all. its a biotch to work with, but once i cleaned up all the excess, i am amazed at how it helped. im by no means rattle free, but the foam took away a good 70% of it, and its alot cheaper than dynamat. just make sure not to get it on your carpet, it won't come off! i also got a little on my glass, ill have to razorblade it off. now my big problem is part of my rear dented in, and it rattles bad against the trunk lid, its actually causing the metal to rust.now if i could fix that and stop those 2 rods from rattling, id be all set.

TeKKnoTeKK
07-17-2002, 05:05 PM
well goodluck man....thanks for the info, as you can see not many people pay attention to this area lol. I hardly ever get replies to my posts here.

87AccordsterLx
07-19-2002, 02:44 PM
ya there are a few key spots in the trunk that you have to hit and the rest is good ol' vibration... someone once told be to check the wires behind the brake lights because sometimes they rattle as well... check it out and see if you can find something that we didnt know of....

Shagen
08-03-2002, 07:14 PM
Thats an awesome Idea, and I think i will have to do it

sanjay
08-08-2002, 10:23 PM
I'm with you man... I hate boot rattle.. shits me to tears it does. And its those two rods that run along the boot. Where do you get that foam stuff from? and how much?