PDA

View Full Version : Whis me luck!

88accordalltheway
05-23-2004, 09:00 AM
hey guys, im going to the junk yard today for the first time. IM so excited. Im going to try to get a civic air box so i can start my short ram conversion. Anything else i should look for?

i.c.
05-23-2004, 09:03 AM
efi conversion......seriously

johndej
05-23-2004, 09:40 AM
an SE-i, armrest, front lip, and anything you wanna fix or upgrade to higher trim on your car

shepherd79
05-23-2004, 11:21 AM
since this is your furst time at the junk yard, go with a paper and pen. write down what cars are there and go home and fihure out what you want.
make sure you ask for a price before you pull the part.

88accordhb
05-23-2004, 02:52 PM
good luck...i guess...junk yards are great!

88accordalltheway
05-23-2004, 07:50 PM
hey guys
I picked up a couple of cool things. I got a plastic piece for the right front post(cause mine was broken) I also got a coin holder/ fuse box cover because mine was ugly and also a button for my shifter cause the chrome on mine was chipping. I didnt see any se-i's there so no luck on finding cup holders or an arm rest.

Oh yea, i got the civic air box and part of the tubing of it. Im going to clean it up for the next couple of weeks and save my $ to get a k&n air filter, but im very confused on what i need to put where when i do the conversion. Ive heard some talk of vaccume lines. What do i do with them? I know they deal with emissions, and im kinda worried because i dont know if i will pass smog testing. Also, what do i do with the o2 sensors and the rest of the stuff that is essential for the engine to run properly?
Ill try to get som pics up on my cardmain site later of the week so you guys can see exactly what i have. Thx guys

zero.counter
05-23-2004, 08:00 PM
hey guys
I picked up a couple of cool things. I got a plastic piece for the right front post(cause mine was broken) I also got a coin holder/ fuse box cover because mine was ugly and also a button for my shifter cause the chrome on mine was chipping. I didnt see any se-i's there so no luck on finding cup holders or an arm rest.

Oh yea, i got the civic air box and part of the tubing of it. Im going to clean it up for the next couple of weeks and save my $ to get a k&n air filter, but im very confused on what i need to put where when i do the conversion. Ive heard some talk of vaccume lines. What do i do with them? I know they deal with emissions, and im kinda worried because i dont know if i will pass smog testing. Also, what do i do with the o2 sensors and the rest of the stuff that is essential for the engine to run properly?
Ill try to get som pics up on my cardmain site later of the week so you guys can see exactly what i have. Thx guys

Good finds on the parts, as far as the civic airbox...there is a f.a.q. here just for that. :)

crwa
05-23-2004, 08:17 PM
Sounds like you had a good day at the junk yard... There great to go to and look around at.. The fun part is seeing how much stuff you can fit into your pockets.

I went to a yard today also and pulled a shift linkage assembly and mount that I needed for my swap, I also managed to stick an ecu in my back pack, so I got the linkage and ecu and rear linkage mount for $10...

88accordalltheway
05-23-2004, 10:43 PM
today when me and my dad were discussing what i should do with the air bid visual wise, i told him that i wanted to paint it and the valve cover. He said i shouldent paint the valve cover because, this is according to him, if i take the valve cover off i would be breaking the seal of a gasket in which i wouldent be able to repair. Im preety sure hes just talking out of his ass. Not sure though. Also, if i do paint it, what color should i do?
Oh yea, when i get the dinero for the filter, what size should i get if i want the loudest, deepest possible sound?