PDA

View Full Version : Amp Wiring

HondaBoy334
05-23-2004, 09:04 AM
I have a Jvc power digifine amp Model #KS-AX302 and I was wondering if anyone could help me with a wiring diagram. I have been searching for hours and I cannot find one. Also there is a connecter on the back labeled "rem".
What does that stand for? Please help me.Thanx

PortugalFocus
05-23-2004, 09:39 AM
I have a Jvc power digifine amp Model #KS-AX302 and I was wondering if anyone could help me with a wiring diagram. I have been searching for hours and I cannot find one. Also there is a connecter on the back labeled "rem".
What does that stand for? Please help me.Thanx

REM = Remote Turn On

Hook that wire onto something that turns off when your car does. Like parking lights or the remote wire on the back of your headunit. It's the "On Switch" for your amp.

PortugalFocus
05-23-2004, 09:56 AM
here is a simple wiring diagram I put togather

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/3/web/447000-447999/447960_55_full.jpg

MrBen
05-23-2004, 10:27 AM
Moved to Audio section.

Brentm
05-24-2004, 10:06 PM
forgot the RCA's in that pic! neways, tip, run the power and the rca's/remote turn on on opposite sides of the car, if you run them all in one big group, youll get crap sounds.

SharkyX
05-25-2004, 07:00 AM
forgot the RCA's in that pic! neways, tip, run the power and the rca's/remote turn on on opposite sides of the car, if you run them all in one big group, youll get crap sounds.

Is that true? Ive been doing car audio for a long time and have never heard that, can someone confirm.

DanLXI88
05-25-2004, 07:55 AM
Ok two things. One I would never recommend splicing into the head light circuit for remote turn on. Yes you could do it but if you need to know what the REM is then you shouldn't be messing with the headlight circuit. You can use the ignition wire for the HU it's often yellow in color. It turns on and off with the key but only if you do not have the remote turn on from the HU like PortugalFocus had said. 2nd It is true with cheap RCA cables that lack good insulation can pick up noise. A good pair of well-insolated gold plated cables won't cause this problem. :rockon:

Bloodlust
05-25-2004, 08:28 AM
Is that true? Ive been doing car audio for a long time and have never heard that, can someone confirm.

Yes that is true. If you run the power wires and the RCA wires on the same side of the car you will get distortion mostly known as "alternator noise".

The sound actually gets more high pitched when you rev the engine. Its really annoying. I did it before, smacked myself in the head afterwards. :uh:

Ludi Mali
06-17-2004, 07:25 PM
you need a pretty high powered amp to get that noise, i don't thikn yours will give you trouble if you use halfway decent rca's, i know i get it, but i'm running 1100w RMS with 2 amps, but i can't hear it when i turn it up and i'm too lazy to fix it now.