PDA

View Full Version : Looking for opinions

StillAHondaFreak
05-23-2004, 03:02 PM
Ok guys,
I have a little bit of a delemma, curious what you think I should do.

As most of you know, I got my car for $300, Its rusty as hell, and the previous owner(s) obviously didnt care about it.

I finally got all of the kinks worked out of the engine (knock on wood)
I found the problem with my excessive fuel consumption (1/4 tank to work and back, now needle barely moves) Up to 37 MPG.

Got the alignment done (not really, im getting it re-done tomorrow for free since the frickin a$$hole only made one adjustment, which actually made it worse!)

Anyways, with all this being said, what should I do????? :help: :help:

1. Leave the car alone and just keep up on regular stuff ( oil, ect)

2. Trick out the engine while looking for a Solid body with a shitty drivetrain.

3. dont do anything untill i find above mentioned car. :rolleyes:

4. Try to remove all of the rust, make any nessisary repairs, and get a kick ass paintjob ( highly unlikely, as the rust is REALLY BAD) :ugh:

5. Completely rice the hell out of it???
:rice:

These are only a few options, Im sure you guys have more suggestions, but these are the only ones that I have concidered so far.

Any input would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks,
Tim

pimp86LX
05-23-2004, 03:04 PM
Well I would suggest you keep it in good working order, and build up a second, non rusted 3g as a nice street-rod/nice performer car. My 3g was $100 and rusted to hell. It is not worth the hassle to remove it all. Once it starts its very hard to stop.

StillAHondaFreak
05-23-2004, 03:58 PM
Thats what I was thinking too. I am planning on getting another one with a good body, and im not too concerned about the engine, I was gonna buy an 89 Lxi, but im not too sure if it would be worth going all the way to connetivut for. Its an option, but one of the guys at work said he has one that dosent run, and if i like it, i can make an offer and well work something out. Im gonna talk to him in the morning, and see about making the arrangements to take a look at it.

Thanks for your advice,
Tim

89dxowner
05-23-2004, 04:58 PM
Well I would suggest you keep it in good working order, and build up a second, non rusted 3g as a nice street-rod/nice performer car. It is not worth the hassle to remove it all. Once it starts its very hard to stop.

Agreed!!!! Its been hell trying to remove all the rust from my 79 LUV.

Busted_Blue
05-23-2004, 06:04 PM
number 1 :)