PDA

View Full Version : 87 Integra Rear Suspension?

DeathRat
05-23-2004, 04:16 PM
I found a Rear Disc set up off an Integra (87) near by. Will I be able to use it on my 88 LX? Or should keep looking for the 89 SE-I? If the Integra rear suspension will work, should I take all the e-brake cables, & porportioning valve too then? What about it's front brakes? I'm presently on 13" stock wheels here.

I tried the search too, but nothing can be found regarding this particular issue....Is that because it will not work? Or just because no one has tried it yet?

HondaBoy
05-23-2004, 04:55 PM
i dont think any of the suspension is a direct fit. i can remember someone putting integra rear disks on their 3gee, dont remember exactly who. i'd say keep looking for an SE-i suspension and disks unless you want to make custom parts so the integra stuff with fit.

Moodybluesr
05-23-2004, 07:59 PM
I have an 88 LXi and an 87 Integra LS-SE and can tell you first hand that the suspension is nowhere near similar. The 'Teg uses a solid axle in back while the Accord is fully independent. As far as adapting the brakes to fit the Accord's suspension... ???

PhydeauX
05-23-2004, 08:01 PM
You might be able to get the rear disks to work. It was a hotly depated topic a while back. The rear suspension isnt going to work, but you might be able to swap the hubs disks, caliper brackets, etc over to get the disks on. You can use the proportioning valve from a 2g prelude with rear disks (I don't know if the teg one will fit, the lude one is a bolt on swap and faily easy to find). The cables are most likely going to have to come from a se-i but they arnt that expensive to just buy new. If you want bigger fronts go for the 88-9 lx-i parts, you'll have to go to 14" wheels though. I the teg rears should fit behind a 13" if you leave the dust shield off, its not really needed anyway.

andy

DeathRat
05-24-2004, 07:25 AM
Dang! :sad2:
I was hoping for better news.....I know the Teg's solid axle was a no-go already, but was hoping the hubs, & brakes would work. The whole ass end (Susp & brakes) were available for only $50 CAN too.....So i thought if it would work, why not go for it!
Thanx again guys for your imput! :rockon: