PDA

View Full Version : AEM rotor question

Magny
05-23-2004, 08:19 PM
I alreadydi a search on this and it doesn't show anything after reading all the way through what the search gave me. I am wondering inf I went with the so called big brake conversion on the front, will I have to get the stuff from the SE-I to get it to fit properly, or could I do it with minimal parts to make it fit. Also there has been many threads about the rears including the new one about the rear with minimal swappage, but I would like to know what is all needed for all four brake points to be upgraded. I know I need the master cyl. from the LX-I or SE-I, but since I need most of the rear parts from an SE-I I wil be getting the master cyl. from that car. And since I will be going the SE-I route I know I will probably have to swap out the fronts with the SE-I stuff too unless you guys say otherwise.

Magny
05-24-2004, 09:55 AM
BUMP

gee,everyone looks but cant tell me at least something, I mean I know its only been one day but still there were 10 views at least 1 out of those 10 could of at least respond. for as long as I have been here there has been an average of 1 out of 15 people per post per thread. oh well, looks like another dead thread.

86LXItooFAST4me
05-24-2004, 10:25 AM
ok, ill say something, SEARCH MORE.

and you have to make your own bracks if you want the "bigbreak" convert. and lxi front brake calipers, disks, lines all that stuff. and you need the sei rear brake control arms, disks, calipers, master cyl., proportion valve. lines, ect... easyest thing to do is to find a SEi and just take all the brake components off it. good luck finding one though. and there are numerous threads about this. look all through the Suspension/Wheels/Tires.

Magny
05-24-2004, 08:32 PM
ok, ill say something, SEARCH MORE.

and you have to make your own bracks if you want the "bigbreak" convert. and lxi front brake calipers, disks, lines all that stuff. and you need the sei rear brake control arms, disks, calipers, master cyl., proportion valve. lines, ect... easyest thing to do is to find a SEi and just take all the brake components off it. good luck finding one though. and there are numerous threads about this. look all through the Suspension/Wheels/Tires.

I happen to use the search engine for the type of thing I am asking about and there is nothing that I can find related to it so I decided to ask

86LXItooFAST4me
05-26-2004, 05:38 AM
i wasnt being an ass or anything, just saying there are a couple of threads about this because im going to be doing the same thing soon. that was all i got though. nobody wanna help the dude out?

guaynabo89
05-27-2004, 02:00 PM
I alreadydi a search on this and it doesn't show anything after reading all the way through what the search gave me. I am wondering inf I went with the so called big brake conversion on the front, will I have to get the stuff from the SE-I to get it to fit properly, or could I do it with minimal parts to make it fit. Also there has been many threads about the rears including the new one about the rear with minimal swappage, but I would like to know what is all needed for all four brake points to be upgraded. I know I need the master cyl. from the LX-I or SE-I, but since I need most of the rear parts from an SE-I I wil be getting the master cyl. from that car. And since I will be going the SE-I route I know I will probably have to swap out the fronts with the SE-I stuff too unless you guys say otherwise.

If you wnat to dothe big break kit with the front you;ll have to get 88-89 lxi of sei steering knuckles. The rest of the models and years use a diff bolt spacing for the caliper and it wont fit. And te brackets they come with will work if you can get some shims to space out about a 1/4 of an inch and longer caliper bolts.

RobT5580
05-27-2004, 09:02 PM
I have the proper longer bolts in the right grade as well so PM me if you need them. They are not available off the shelf and will typically have to be special orderd with a large minimum order as i had to do. I searched all over CT for them and the only ones i found were not the same strength and i didnt want to mess around with that.