PDA

View Full Version : Brake Pedal Problem

danronian
05-23-2004, 09:12 PM
This problem occurs about once every week when it is over 65 degrees F outside: I push the brake pedal down to stop, but for some reason the pedal goes all the way to the floor but the car stops normally. Some days when it is real hot outside (90's) the car will do it a few times per-drive but other days it'll do it only once out of many stops, but most of the time it doesn't do it at all.

I figured if someone here has had this problem they can give me some idea as to what to replace to fix my brake problem.

danronian
08-17-2004, 08:44 PM
This is a long due update...a month after I posted this the brake pedal finally started to go to the floor every time I stopped. At that time I replaced the master cylinder and that fixed the problem. Bleeding that thing and installing it was a pain but it fixed my problem of the sinking brake pedal. I guess the master cylinder had an internal leak.

AccordAddict
08-19-2004, 07:00 PM
i was thinking it was your brake fluid. mine went to the floor and i check the fluid and there was NONE! well, good thing you fixed it :D

Ludi Mali
08-19-2004, 07:59 PM
that only happened to me 1 time, and i still can't figure out why it hasn't happened again. Kinda scary knowing it could happen again randomly, but oh well, i'm still in that invincible age range :)

HondaBoy
08-19-2004, 08:20 PM
its too bad i didnt see this when you first posted. i had this problem when i got the car a few years ago. the 1st time it did that i took it in. i had the master cylinder and rear brake cylinders replaced because both were leaking some. now its fine, lets hope it stays that way! but i can fix my own stuff now, so thats not a problem.