PDA

View Full Version : Custom Fab work for the accord??

sl103
05-24-2004, 08:30 AM
Before i wrecked my accord i was thinking about turning the accord into a rally mobile. I also have a 300ZX that making into a full out track car. It will also be driven on the street sometimes. Anyways i am making alot of parts for my Z and was intrested if anyone might have any ideas and kind of demands people may want for the accords. Here is a list of what i am doing for my 1991 300ZX Twin Turbo.

- sheet metal intake manifold
- exhaust manifolds for the turbos in a different design than most of what you see from a header design.
-LP injection kit
-Top Feed Fuel Conversion
-Test Pipes
-Cat Back Exhaust
-Down Pipes

Just thought i would share let me know what you guys think. I also have alot of good hook ups too if intrested.

Thank You, Shawn

shepherd79
05-24-2004, 12:44 PM
how much would the 2.25" cat back piping be without muffler?
since i need to update my exhaust i figured i would ask.
i just need piping that will bolt up to cat.
i will clamp the muffler later.
thanks.

sl103
05-26-2004, 09:31 AM
do you prefer 304SS or mild steel with ceramic coating? Since i am best friends with the owner of Jagged Racing here in Bloomington, IL he can get a vast majority of stuff. So muffler or any other parts wouldnt be a problem. Good news i just spotted a really clean 89 LXI 5sp. So i will make a few mods for it probably most custom fabbed stuff that will be 1 off stuff for the accord. As well as cleaning it up more.

Thank You, Shawn

86LXItooFAST4me
05-26-2004, 09:51 AM
what about pulleys? do you have access to aluminum mills at this shop? im looking for an adjustable cam Gear and under drive main crank pulley, both alum preferably.

AccordEpicenter
05-26-2004, 10:31 AM
under drive main crank pulley

changing the main crank pulley to anything other than the factory one is bad because theyre actually harmonic balancers, and taking them off or modifying them allows harmonics to eat up the bottom end.

86LXItooFAST4me
05-26-2004, 10:36 AM
shit, i thought they were internally ballanced. doesnt the guy from openloop have one?

A20A1
05-26-2004, 12:24 PM
What? Harmonic ballancers are needed on V series motors. not inline motors

shepherd79
05-26-2004, 12:40 PM
SL103, check your PM messages.

86LXItooFAST4me
05-26-2004, 12:50 PM
see, thats what i though.

Justin86
05-26-2004, 01:10 PM
yea an aluminum pulley would be nice.

MaNgLeR
05-26-2004, 08:03 PM
for your info, some 2g preludes had a crank pulley that had no a/c or p/s belt slots and had big holes drilled out in a pattern around the rim. they're like 2 pounds lighter at least! but from mugen! that was way back in the day.

sl103
05-26-2004, 08:38 PM
well there is controversy with the pulleys Zs have the same problem supposely when they use UR Pulleys i just picked up a really cheap knock off pulley from Ebay that looked really good construction. Since i am building my bottom end on my Z. I am balancing everything out. Fisher makes some really nice stuff for the Z but they pulley is also $300 bucks. Since i am balancing my bottom end we will see what happens when a regular pulley is used. I will be balancing the following on my Z. Pulley, Crankshaft, rods, pistons, flywheel and clutch. I have access to aluminum billet blocks and machining equipment. I would have to make one and test one before i just sell it. Breaking peoples cars isnt cool to make a buck. If there is a demand for parts that people might be intrested in just post up some ideas. I know there are others that are making stuff right now that is very cool. So a list would be great if you would possibly like to see it made. If i pick up this 89 i will do a turbo conversion with a few extra mods such as the down pipe, full cat back with a test pipe. Suspension probably some springs and shocks KYB GR2 if they make them and a decent set of springs. Since i carry MicroTech EMS it might be intresting to see what we can do with a fully adjustable standalone. Also i would be making the IC piping and intercooler, i think the radiator is pleny big enough for these cars. Probably would take out a few things from the bay that i never use anyways such as A/C, PS, CC. I will probably carry my vw wheels over from my 88. Gonna powdercoat the wheels gunmetal or bronze. Will probably dress up the bay. And carry a few other things from my 88. Stereo stuff, plugs, wires. Then i think that should make a nice daily driver super sleeper.
Our current project cars can be found at http://sl103.tripod.com as well as many other details.

A20A1
05-26-2004, 08:52 PM
Go here for cooling
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=32732

Go here for weight reduction
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=32727
The weight reduction thread kinda went to hell I'm probably going to delete some of the posts that don't belong... cause it's a thread for ideas and the pics not really comments that don't help anything.

Justin86
05-27-2004, 11:43 AM
for your info, some 2g preludes had a crank pulley that had no a/c or p/s belt slots and had big holes drilled out in a pattern around the rim. they're like 2 pounds lighter at least! but from mugen! that was way back in the day.
hum that could be a good idea, just cut off the other slots and just keep the alternator. :idea:

86LXItooFAST4me
05-27-2004, 12:34 PM
i kinda still want my AC. dont realy care about PS but it gets HELLA HOT in TX

sl103
05-28-2004, 10:30 PM
Im sure i could integrate that into an optional "race pulley" and "street pulley"

ET2
06-02-2004, 12:01 PM
a little price but not bad it's on my mod's list
http://www.indigospeed.com/GTPullies.html

Justin86
06-02-2004, 09:22 PM
hum thats not to bad but we could get them cheaper custom made.