PDA

View Full Version : Hey there!

deevergote
05-24-2004, 09:10 PM
Cool, I can post now! :rockon:

I'm Mike. I currently only have a 1992 Accord sedan with a fair amount of mods (H22, new stock paintjob, H&R/KYB suspension, AEM CAI, UR crank pulley...www.cb7tuner.com is my home!) However, I'm buying an LXi hatchback very soon.

I've always liked the 3G hatch above all the rest, and I don't know why Honda had to continue the Accord line without it. Until recently, I have never really given the 3geez credit. I mean, they're Hondas, and obviously solid cars. Still, they seemed a little underpowered and pretty much out of the aftermarket range. I looked around on here a little and discovered that there really is a whole lot that can be done! So much of the things you guys do are hardcore DIY things. I can truly respect that! I'm looking forward to being a 3G owner!

What sold me was the strength of the A20A motor... and the fact that a turbo system can be fairly inexpensive, and put out some amazing numbers! My H22 would take about twice the amount of money to get it up and running with a good turbo system!

Bloodlust
05-24-2004, 09:26 PM
Oh great another Mike :D Welcome to the board. Well Im glad u appreciate the power and beauty of the 3rd generation accord, and most of us appreciate the 4th gens just as much. Maybe you should get yourself a 3g as a project car or something.

Elijah
05-25-2004, 12:01 AM
Welcome and ya. It surprises alot of people.If you find this site and you got a 3g.There is no limits to what you can do.

Robs89LXi
05-25-2004, 12:17 AM
Welcome, Mike. Yeah, the hatch is a very practical design, and it's amazing what you can fit in them things. My first car was a '78 hatch, and it moved me and all my stuff from college in Florida to here where I am now in Houston! I think we are just begining to explore the posibilities of turbo, so yeah, get on board.

deevergote
05-25-2004, 09:16 AM
:lol:
It's the same with the Mikes on cb7tuner.com... I made a "Mikes check in" thread that got to 2 pages so far!

Anyway, I'm taking a trip to Florida (From NJ) in July to buy a nice hatch. The price is right, the car is in decent shape, and I trust the guy selling it. Worth the trip, IMO.

Having the 3G will allow me to do a number of things: 1) Have something reliable to drive while I work on the CB7 (4G). 2) Give me a chance to learn about turbo with a much more forgiving and cheaper engine (replacing an A20A, even a worked one, is cheaper than an H22) 3) I'll have a car with possibly more potential than my CB7... it's lighter, and Sean's engine builds are 400+hp capable.

I hope to get to know Sean very well... I checked out his site, and I think I might go that route. Fairly expensive, yes (especially for a part time waiter, full time student... with a mortgage...), but it's still far cheaper than boosting the H22!

Jareds 89 LX-i
05-25-2004, 09:34 AM
:welcome: to the board!! 3rd gens are great... rock solid reliability and pretty fun to drive too. Alot of people really don't realize the potential of these cars simply cuz of the lack of aftermarket support, but like you've seen there really is alot you can do yourself. Great cars!!

What part of Florida are you coming to? Perhaps we could schedule a meet or something....hmmmm :)

deevergote
05-25-2004, 10:27 AM
What part of Florida are you coming to? Perhaps we could schedule a meet or something....hmmmm :)

I'm getting the car in Kissimee, and then I'm heading down to Boynton Beach to meet up with another friend. So, I'll be all over Central Florida :D I plan on getting there on July 2nd, and leaving on the 6th.

I'm relying on that rock-solid reliability to get me around Florida, and then home! :lol:

speedpenguin
05-25-2004, 02:51 PM
good luck and keep us posted with that turbo
hatchies rock!

MIK3
05-26-2004, 02:49 PM
Welcome aboard Mike. Very cool name, by the way. Sounds like you're pretty psyched about your new arrival, as we are as well. Hopefully all will go good for you, and you will keep us posted on that turbo drop in.