PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever tried to fit aftermarket mirrors?

unc25
05-25-2004, 05:39 AM
I have been thinking about this for a while now, since I have no passenger side mirror, Would it be farely easy to get a set of aftermarket mirrors and make them fit on my Hatch?

I know they make a Universal aet, and they make several other applications for several other vehicles, but I havent measured anything yet and was just wondering if anyone had even tried this yet?

SharkyX
05-25-2004, 06:50 AM
it would be just as easy to go t a junk yard and get an OEM mirrir, unless you really really want the aftermarket mirrors

RobT5580
05-25-2004, 08:18 AM
I wanted some Mercedes style one and i was gonna get some with the lights in them but all the aftermarket ones are odd shaped and dont look good IMO. I may eventually try something else but the body work is on hold until the B20A is up and running.

unc25
05-25-2004, 01:50 PM
Your right it would probably be easier to get an OEM mirror, but if I can fit a set, why not? Like the M3 style mirrors or something? I dont know, like I said I still need to measure and get a set to fool with...

lightbulblxi
05-25-2004, 02:28 PM
i believe it was caleb whos said ones from a 4G ACCORD FIT, BUT U HAVE TO TRIM THE BASE PLATE. (oops, caps lock) but all of the that i have seen are round and dont flow with the 3g body.

fuzzy audio
05-26-2004, 01:10 AM
is there a manual passenger side mirror for the accords?

PortugalFocus
05-26-2004, 04:47 AM
is there a manual passenger side mirror for the accords?

Yes there are........

86LXItooFAST4me
05-26-2004, 07:00 AM
whats wrong with the stock mirrors? i think they arent the prettiest things in the world but they have style. try repainting them with a glossy finish.

Hash_man_Se_i
05-26-2004, 03:50 PM
I like the stock ones, but I have been thinking lately, and I think it would be really cool to have some APR, or Craft Square small CF mirrors, I'm just not sure how visibility would be with those, they look pretty damn small.

NXRacer
05-26-2004, 04:16 PM
i believe it was caleb whos said ones from a 4G ACCORD FIT, BUT U HAVE TO TRIM THE BASE PLATE. (oops, caps lock) but all of the that i have seen are round and dont flow with the 3g body.
that was me. i havent actually tried it, but looking at the mounts for M3 style mirrors for a 4g compared to the mount on the 3g it was a pretty close fit. All you'd have to do is trim about 1/4" off one corner and it would fit up pretty good i think. I have to replace the passenger mirror on my hatch and when i do i'll take the aftermarket mirrors for my g/f's 4g and see what it would take to put em on.

If i were to do any mirrors at all, i'd take off the OEM ones and do the "JDM" style on the fenders. THATS old school.

SteveDX89
05-26-2004, 04:25 PM
Ahem. I have a manual passenger mirror for coupe or hatchback for sale. Good luck finding one in a junkyard. They're extremely difficult to find.

PortugalFocus
05-26-2004, 05:01 PM
Ahem. I have a manual passenger mirror for coupe or hatchback for sale. Good luck finding one in a junkyard. They're extremely difficult to find.

ya damn skippy they are hard to find. I had to search 4 yards around here before I finally got one and it was in poor shape indeed.

SteveDX89
05-26-2004, 05:06 PM
ya damn skippy they are hard to find. I had to search 4 yards around here before I finally got one and it was in poor shape indeed.

The one I have is damn near perfect. It has just a small chunk taken out of the plastic on the back side. No one would ever notice unless they studied the thing.

unc25
05-26-2004, 05:20 PM
I was thinking the same thing about the 4gs fitting on the 3gs, but i hadnt done any measurements. About the visibility, two small mirrors are better than one driver side mirror. I am tired of looking over my shoulder to see if I can get over.

ICEMAN707
05-27-2004, 08:08 AM
didn't they make motorized folding mirrors for euro and JDM 3geez? i would love to get a hold of those. i believe josias has them on his hatch if i'm not mistaken. it would be cool to have your mirrors fold in when you engage the car alarm. now...if only you could fit those motorized lambo doors in a 3gee...hmm....yeah right!

crwa
05-27-2004, 06:36 PM
The small cf mirrors would work, but they are expensive ($200 and up) and thats with out a base to mount them on... Plus I don't think they would be that effective because they are very small... I'm sure you can get the 4th geen to fit up with a few minor changes, I'd say fit them and trim them and then clean up anything that had to be cut or shaped and paint them and then they will look like they were made for the car....

DeeJay
05-28-2004, 08:59 AM
hey i dont know if this would help but here you go http://www.v6z24.com/howto/carbonmirrors

unc25
05-28-2004, 12:00 PM
thanx for the site, I am so ready to try and tackle this. The only thing standing in my way is money... :( But as soon as I work up the funds I will let you guys know how everything turned out... Thanx for the responses guys!