PDA

View Full Version : fackin plugs!

dXsquared
05-25-2004, 11:56 AM
this is a true story!

i was driving my project car around after school doin burnouts and checkin the brakes and shit... i parked it and went home... i came back at 10 that night and tried to start it... i was gonna race a friend... anyway, i get in and it started fine, but chugged super bad... then it got worse and worse and then it died... i was like WTF? 6 hours ago the car was peeling 50 foot burnouts... so i get some gazz, fill it up and still nothing...

so today(after long weekend) i pull #1 plug and its all bent?? liek the piston hit it and smashed the plug shut, then i pulled 2, and 3 and 4 and they were all the same!!!!

the only way that a plug can be damaged is by getting hit by the piston, or a forign object in the cylinder...

did they all get smoked by the pistons?? and why did it run good b4 i shut it down?? im gonna straighten them out tommorow after i check if they are even the right plug numbers (just bought them)

im soo fuckin confused right now.. this is weird as hell@!!!!

Travis

Mike's89AccordLX
05-25-2004, 12:01 PM
What? Damn dude do you have the wrong plugs in possibly? That's the only thing I could think of that would cause them to get smashed by the piston.

-Mike

k-roy
05-25-2004, 12:21 PM
Oh man pray that there is nothing missing off the plug and still in the cylinder. Also pray that the pistons and the cylinder walls are not gouged. I am willing to bet hard cash someone gave you the wrong plugs.

dXsquared
05-25-2004, 12:34 PM
can i get a plug part number on the NGK V powers??

Travis

Mike's89AccordLX
05-25-2004, 12:45 PM
NGK V-power spark plug 6937 BPR5EY-11 0.044 $2.24

http://www.ngk.com/results_app.asp?AAIA=1166969

DanLXI88
05-25-2004, 01:33 PM
this is a true story!

i parked it and went home... Travis
Maybe somebody done it to the plugs as a joke ? Where did you leave the car sitting ?

dXsquared
05-25-2004, 02:25 PM
i was thinkin that too... but no bad kids would have the tools and know how to do it... my hood doesnt lock, so it is very possible, but the plugs were tight and shit... oh ya.. just got a ride with my mom to the school.. i got the right plugs.. i didnt think that was it cuz i was driving soo long with them...

Travis

86LXItooFAST4me
05-26-2004, 06:12 AM
detination wouldnt cause that would it?

dXsquared
05-26-2004, 12:28 PM
i fixed em all, through them all back in and fired it up.. ran smooth for like 6-7 seconds then started to stumble... i set the idle up and started pullin wires... #4 wasnt firing.. so i pulled it out, its smashed... so i start the engine up on 3 plugs... one of my buddies says.. WOAH.. somthing shot out...

little screw! musta fell in when i was doin the carb... but that still doesnt explain how all 4 got fucked... anyway, its running great now..

Travis

86LXItooFAST4me
05-26-2004, 01:12 PM
:rofl: dude, i would jerk that head off and make sure there isnt anything in there. like kroy said, your gonna end up with a fucked up engine. if your not carefull, your gonna lock that shit up.

k-roy
05-26-2004, 01:38 PM
Oh man I had the scare of my life last week kinda like you but not as bad.
I go to remove my aircleaner and the brass hat had come off. The hat was sitting to the side with only one of the 10mm nuts. The other one was siting in my secondary barrell, if it was in the other one I would have been fucked.

ChaseR
05-26-2004, 03:03 PM
dude something simaler happend to me ahwhile back, something shot out of the plug hole and hit the house, no facken clue what it was but i swear...

I didnt have the same problem with the plugs being bent though? but it was running kinda weird...

dXsquared
05-26-2004, 04:02 PM
im doing a FI swap with a whole new engine... 89 with 170KMs on it.. its a baby... otherwise i would take the head off and check it all out and see if the cylinder is fucked up... i really dont give a fuck

Travis