PDA

View Full Version : CD Player Question

BKKloppenborg
05-25-2004, 03:56 PM
Hi, i am finally going to get a CD player for my Honda. Its a old honda and still has a tape player, but i have no tapes i only have CD's lol :D . I plan to spend no more then 100 dollers on cd player and mabye about 150-200 on speakers. Any suggestings on Brands model numbers? Thanks, Brian.

Damn i forgot how hard is it to install a CD player into your car where the old Original tape player is? Pictures would be nice... Thanks again..

Mac
05-25-2004, 04:15 PM
Most people have their own favorites so you might have to look around and see what features you want. Anyway Alpine is a good brand in my opinion.

As far as the install goes, it is easy. Pull the old unit out and slide the new one in. If you get it from Crutchfield they will send you a free adapter harness that you plug into the original wiring.

Moodybluesr
05-25-2004, 04:31 PM
An alpine for under $100? Good luck! :D

I would suggest getting a lower-end model JVC or Clarion deck on eBay if that's all you want to spend. As far as installation goes, all that is required is an adapter harness ($5-10 from Walmart or whatever) and about 1/2 hour fo your time. Remove the center console, then remove the ashtray and its bracket. That will give you access to the screw holding in the deck from the back; after removing it the deck will slide right out the front. Then all you have to do is follow the instructions included with the deck you buy.

Mac
05-25-2004, 04:50 PM
An alpine for under $100? Good luck! :D

You're right. What was I thinking? I guess I overlooked that he had a budget.

shepherd79
05-25-2004, 06:58 PM
you won't find alpine or clarion for $100. may be you will find them on ebay, but not in stores.
$100 will get you basic Pioneer. good brand, but low class models suck big time.
if i was you i would save about another $200 making total $300 and buy yourself nice Alpine CD player.

AccordEpicenter
05-25-2004, 07:01 PM
find a slightly used pioneer. I got one for $75 in absolutley perfect condition in the box, it was used on a lease vehicle. Thats prolly your best bang for the buck right there.

ChaseR
05-25-2004, 09:54 PM
I have a JVC for sale right now $60 shipped, just yanked it out of my wrecked accord today! even has the accord harness so its just "plug and play" in yours.

http://members.aol.com/magman2x4/deck.jpg

sorry about the low quality pic my digicam blows...

shepherd79
05-26-2004, 03:38 AM
damn, jump on it if you want CD player.

DanLXI88
05-26-2004, 06:36 AM
That's a fair deal on the above listed JVC for $60.00 Get a decent brand name Alpine, Clarion, JVC, Kenwood, Sony, Pioneer. I have used them all at one point or another and it really comes down to the features you want. I would suggest getting an MP3 player if you have access to MP3's. It's the next best thing to a disk changer. I get about 150 tracks per CD so you can imagine how convenient that is. Hey also check out Crutchfield they have scratch & Dent, Discontinued, and new. You can save a bunch of cash and they give you everything you need to install including instructions and pictures. You may need an antenna extension. On my JVC it did not reach to the right side of the head unit and I called them up and they shipped it next day free of charge. Click ~~~>http://www.crutchfield.com/

ChaseR
05-26-2004, 09:57 AM
yeah that JVC has all the regular features, IE detachable faceplate, ATT, programmable radio buttons etc...

86LXItooFAST4me
05-26-2004, 10:03 AM
hey, how old or what year is that JVC?

Brentm
05-26-2004, 10:22 AM
one thing I will say is that detachable faceplate is an absolute must (for me anyways)

DanLXI88
05-26-2004, 10:46 AM
one thing I will say is that detachable faceplate is an absolute must (for me anyways)

Yea, me too But now days it should be considered standard equipment. There is no reason to have an indash unless it's got a fold out screen. :lol: Pull Outs were the best anti-theft device in car audio. R.I.P Pull Out :sadwave:

Bloodlust
05-26-2004, 10:47 AM
This should be a helpful guide on removing the stock HU and installing a new one.

http://www.3geez.com/showpost.php?p=401082&postcount=1

ChaseR
05-26-2004, 11:46 AM
I got the JVC for christmas in 2002, soo that would make it a year and a half old, still works like a charm...

89dxowner
05-26-2004, 01:13 PM

Diddo. Damn thiefs.

Brentm
05-26-2004, 05:29 PM
this seems really damn odd to me but some of the higher end decks arent detachable, the new eclipse decks arent detachable, and there damn expensive to begin with.

ChaseR
05-26-2004, 07:55 PM
lol yeah well eclipse decks are electronically tracked...

my86dx4dr
05-27-2004, 02:58 AM
this seems really damn odd to me but some of the higher end decks arent detachable, the new eclipse decks arent detachable, and there damn expensive to begin with.
eclipse decks have a tracking device that, when it gets stolen, or the car gets stolen, you can run down to where you got the deck(for me anyways) and tell them the number, and they will call eclipse and it will be tracked...

i dont know...i could be talkin out my ass but........ as eclipse ever had DEtach faces?

another thang about the eclipse is..... you program a certain cd you want, so that when you disconnect it from the battery it will automaticly not work untill the cd that is programmed, is put in!

eclipse is the VERY top of the line deck IMO cant get better name brand on decks........ i like there subs alot too......... i prefer a w7 though :cool:

Brentm
05-27-2004, 12:31 PM
still id rather have a detachable face, because if a thef sees your deck in your car, a window is probably going to get smashed to get to the deck. Thats jusy my opinion tho.

my86dx4dr
05-27-2004, 12:57 PM
I have a JVC for sale right now $60 shipped, just yanked it out of my wrecked accord today! even has the accord harness so its just "plug and play" in yours.

http://members.aol.com/magman2x4/deck.jpg

sorry about the low quality pic my digicam blows...

had that deck, DAMN good deal for 60$ its orig like 129.99
and it sounded decent, the preamp output sucks though,
so dont plan on having a huge system with it.........lol

but then again if you had a huge system you wouldnt want a cheap deck in the first place :uh:

andresinibus
06-21-2004, 01:00 PM
where can i buy a new face for my sony cdr-4000 cheap i tried the sony web page but it is cheaper to buy a brand new stereo than just the face (kind of stupid is in it?) :pc:

LadyofBloodlust
06-21-2004, 02:39 PM
hey Bloodlust has a kenwood head unit he wants to sell.....its in good condition.....