PDA

View Full Version : 86 civic si

drunkSI
05-25-2004, 04:04 PM
alright im an newbie to the site so bear with me! i know theres a search section which i've been using. but im looking for more info on dropping a b16a1 into my 86 civic. from what i've found out its should be a bolt in other than motor mounts. has anyone done this? i would also like to know what things i can do to the b16a1 after its in to improve performance on it.

any help would be greatly appreciated

thx
drunk

unc25
05-25-2004, 05:07 PM
hey man you know this is a 3rd gen accord site right?

There are special civic forums that would be great for your questions...
I am sure there are some people here who could also answer your question...

drunkSI
05-25-2004, 05:12 PM
:uh: yeah kinda, but since i saw newer accords and some civic stuff in here and i havent really found any civic sites i was hoping that some here would steer me in the right direction. :sad2: :wave:

thx

unc25
05-25-2004, 05:20 PM
no problem, h/o I will get something up for ya

unc25
05-25-2004, 05:23 PM
dedicated to 3 gen civics...and 1 gen CRX..

Nevermind site is not working anymore....

drunkSI
05-25-2004, 05:28 PM
thx man greatly appreciated. :bow: i have to say ive had fun searching around this site for the last couple of days.

peace
thx again
drunk :alc:

unc25
05-25-2004, 05:28 PM
www.civic.indybbs.net/ dedicated to civics
www.clubcivic.com/board more civics
www.civicspeed.com/ and yet again more civics

I dont nkow which is better, but you can ask around and I am sure some guys could point you in the right direction.

shepherd79
05-25-2004, 06:53 PM
unfortunatly that year civic will need new mounts. it is not drop and play.
check out companies such as HAsport, Place Racing, or HCP for new mounts:
http://www.hasport.com/Products/Mounts.htm

Moodybluesr
05-25-2004, 11:37 PM
Dropping a B16A into a 3rd gen Civic SI should be pretty straightforward with a Hasport kit, axles, vtec wiring, etc. You should also chek out:
www.lightspeedracing.com
www.redpepperracing.com
and www.g1teg.org (I know it's a first gen Integra site, but it's the same chassis)

drunkSI
05-26-2004, 01:45 AM
thx u 3 much appreciated. see i knew someone would give me a kick in the right direction.

peace and gl all
drunk

Magny
05-26-2004, 07:42 AM
hey man you know this is a 3rd gen accord site right?........

dude, thats a little harsh, there are lots of people on here that I have seen with 3rd gen civics & preludes. doesn't matter if we are accord only, we still accept all aspects of different car owners. they are probably here cause the other forums are helpless on certain topics or choose not to discuss it. even if they did, I dont think they provide the finer points like we do here. thats why they choose to come here instead of those other forums.

DanLXI88
05-26-2004, 08:22 AM
dude, thats a little harsh, there are lots of people on here that I have seen with 3rd gen civics & preludes. doesn't matter if we are accord only, we still accept all aspects of different car owners. they are probably here cause the other forums are helpless on certain topics or choose not to discuss it. even if they did, I dont think they provide the finer points like we do here. thats why they choose to come here instead of those other forums.
:rockon: :rockon:

P.S
I LOVE the bouncy Honda girl :devil:

unc25
05-26-2004, 10:12 AM
I wasnt trying to be harsh, I just wanted to make sure he knew. Notice I was the one trying to give him some boards to go to...
He said it himself, He hadnt found any that were related to the 3rd gen civic. I first directed him to redpepperracing, but the site I had wasnt working...
Dont make ignorant posts.

Magny
05-26-2004, 10:52 AM
sorry, umm did you just call me ignorant............nah I aint gonna lower myself to your level, I'll stay where i am while I am ahead

AccordEpicenter
05-26-2004, 11:30 AM
dont forget youll have to rig/fabricate the shift/torque rods and notch (put a big dent in it) the driver side unibody frame near the shock tower for alternator clearance for the b16.

toastyghost
05-26-2004, 02:25 PM
yay for arguing over the internet..
and i stared at that sig anim for like 5 minutes

drunkSI
05-26-2004, 02:55 PM
thx accordepicenter. see that i didnt know according to all the stuff i have it says direct fit so i would have been fighting things for know reason.

yeah ghost internet argueing is a waste of time but its always there.

this site might be an accord site but its also for helping people out, right? and sofar you have all helped me out which like i said before it is appreciated. if yall can get me some more sites on civics that would be great. sofar i posted on one of those sites last night and ive still gotten better help from you all.

thx again
peace
drunk

p.s. yeah i'd have to say i was checkin the honda girl out. WOOHOO