PDA

View Full Version : ok guys is it at all possible to pass emmissions with a Weber?

unc25
05-25-2004, 05:20 PM
I know the Weber is the best upgrade for us carb guys, but the more I read the more I hear that it wont pass emmissions at all. My question is are you sure it is impossible to have it pass emmissions? If I didnt have to have them I wouldnt care, but the emmmissions here are pretty gay.

SO IS IT POSSIBLE TO PASS EMMISSIONS WITH A WEBER? :dunno:

A20A1
05-26-2004, 02:17 AM
it's impossible to pass the visual inspection if you have that...

However passing the sniffer is determined on the jets you use... the right jets will make you run lean enough to make you car so slow you'll never want to drive it again... hehehe, but then you'll pass inspection.

unc25
05-26-2004, 06:24 AM
I am not worried about the visual part, I dont think we have that here, or if we do I have never had a problem with my other cars and their CAI or Ram Air setup.

I dont think I will be putting one on anytime soon, but when I get another car I will and keep this one as a side rider with the Weber on it.

Magny
05-26-2004, 07:36 AM
hmmm, now that gets me thinkin about the visual part.......the original air box could fit on top of the weber right??? well if anything, if it can and they only open the lid to see if the filter is there, then they cant really see that it is a weber under there unless they take the whole thing off. when I went and got mine tested, thats what they did, just the lid for the filter. they didnt check to see what kind of carb it is.