PDA

View Full Version : ...it was free...

Hard Ccord
05-25-2004, 08:08 PM
Hi,

I had given to me, a 1984 Accord LX 1.8 ES2 160k

What's the catch? It's been in a barn for the last 10 years. :uh:

It's in amazing shape really, The mice went nuts on the vacuum lines and most exposed wires, but never entered the car's interior.

I had it running enough to drive it around, after 35 feet of vacuum hose and some oil and a gas change and new plugs/wires. The carb is flooding and needs some love.

you can check it out here

http://www.msnusers.com/OdogsPound/84hondaaccordcarb.msnw

I hope you can see the pics, this is my only host at the moment. let me know.

anyways, this site is packed with great knowledge and Im glad i can be a part of it.

later,

bink

ps. i have a carb in my office! lol

SiR
05-26-2004, 06:46 AM
Welcome to the board. I had carb problems of my own recently so i feel the pain in them!

shane_lxi
05-26-2004, 07:06 AM
Lets see pics of the whole car. My third car was a 2g. '85 LX. It was a good car, except it had major starter problems. That bay looks like it could use about 5 gallons of Simple Green, lol. A good steam clean, and about $2000 in chrome and paint should fix that engine bay, lol, jk. Welcome. :D

deadlight
05-26-2004, 07:07 AM
Good deal, I'd be looking over that car majorly though before I drove it anywhere, I'd be surprised if your CV joints are in good condition, plus I'd check up on all your suspension bushings, sounds like a good deal though, and I'm betting you already looked everything over judging by what you've said, so I'll shut up. Welcome aboard.

Hard Ccord
05-26-2004, 01:16 PM
here's some pics of the outside. Its still filthy from the flatbed ride in the rain last week, but its not rusty... on the outside. lol

http://www.msnusers.com/OdogsPound/accordexterior.msnw

thanks for the welcome.

I hope to have all the major work done in the next few weeks. After the carb i need to rebuild the master cylinder and get the brakes moving.

lots to do, I need a commuter car to beat into the ground that gets good mileage. i have a 100 mile r/t daily.

this is the direction of this project, no show.. all go. just want it to be reliable.

later

bink

blazin3gen
05-26-2004, 01:34 PM
oo looks like my old one

welcome to 3geez man glad to have ya hear

MIK3
05-26-2004, 02:44 PM
Welcome aboard man. Looks like you have a good deal there, I mean for the price you payed and all. I'll be back though, I have to go find that "clean your engine bay" simile...heh.

ChaseR
05-26-2004, 09:27 PM
Jeebus dude, that thing is DURTY, lol. Did you replace the Fuel lines/filters?

sporkHSP
05-26-2004, 09:48 PM
where is Belvidere IL, i know its probably nowhere close, but i make a point of asking ppl in the surrounding states... welcome to 3geez, i see a lot of 2nd gens at my junkyard here, so let me know if i can scout you some parts or something...

Majinmica
05-27-2004, 12:58 AM
welcome nice car i got mine for free as well it is a 88 honda accord lxi :rice:

Hard Ccord
05-27-2004, 10:28 AM
Belvidere is about 70 miles west of Chicago, and 10 miles east of Rockford.

I got my carb rebuilt and just finished hooking it up...

now i have no fuel coming to the carb. i had fuel yesterday.

looks to me like i'll be running new fuel lines, i hope the pump is ok.

good to know about the 2g parts, I just might be asking. thanks

strange how that fuel problem just started all of the sudden like, hmmph. :dunno:

on with the search,

later guys

bink

speedpenguin
05-28-2004, 12:43 PM
yea good luck
my car was free, too

89dxowner
05-28-2004, 01:01 PM
Mine was $1,450. Welcome to the board man!