PDA

View Full Version : NOPI Clutches

jigga89SEi
05-26-2004, 05:21 AM
Has anyone used any of the clutches sold on the nopi site?.... http://www.nopi.com/..........
I'm going to be needin one in about a 3 weeks so i'm lookin to order now...
I just got my clutch replaced about 3 months ago....
I got ripped of severely by a shop that i had no info on... The put in a shitty ass clutch and its almost gone... (Granted I've been really hard on it) it just don't have the grip my previous one had...I've tightened it up and everything... So I'm just going to get a new one... Any opinions on what to go with?

Vinny
05-26-2004, 05:23 AM
most aftermarket clutches slip, or atleast the "oem replacement" ones do. Even on an unmodified engine. I went back with an OEM setup from Honda, no more slipping. Unless you want to spend serious money on a clutch setup, you know what the plans for your car are better than we do

Justin86
05-26-2004, 09:03 AM
yea the ones that say they are OEM replacement or a litte better are crap. My friend got an Exedy and it was slipping a month later with a stock Lx. Unless you spend some more money to get a ACT or something more aggresive that will cost you $200-400 you are best with a Honda clutch. I paid 250 for my ACT and with lots of mods and a 75 shot it holds great. :D

shepherd79
05-26-2004, 12:45 PM
i don't know how you guys drive, but i have replacement clutch from autozone and it doesn't slip.
when you replace the clutch you must remember to get the flywheel mashined to remove the glazing, or if you don't have the machine shop around you or don't want to spend money, just use sand paper and in circular motions go around the flywheel. use the sand paper trick only if the flywheel doesn't have cracks or deep groves.
removing glazing is very important for clutch grip.
if you don't remove it, the clutch will slip in less than a month. i when through that on my old car.

speedpenguin
05-26-2004, 01:24 PM
good advice dude.
when i finally pull the clutch out my car i'll remember that, cuz otherwise i wouldn't have, i have an exedy to go in

nismoracer99
05-28-2004, 10:07 PM
would it be safe to get the "NOPI CLUTCH BY COMPETITION CLUTCH- GRAVITY Series Clutch - 4cyl 2.0L - for moderately increased cars and/or stock cars driven aggressively - includes OE performance pressure plate, performance disk with a 6-pad carbotic disc on sprung hub, bearings and alignment tool - 40-50% torque capacity increase"

im going to need a new clutch soon too, i would replace it now cause its out of the car, but i need to get another transmission :sad2: i dont have the money right now for both, im switching jobs.