PDA

View Full Version : cd player - continuois power

Brentm
05-26-2004, 10:06 AM
Ive wired up quite a few decks but when I went to put my new mp3 player into my car yesterday I had big problems, there was no constant power going to the deck, there was accessory power when the key was turned, but theres nothing for continuous. Me and my friend tried to trace the wires but we couldnt trace them more than 1 foot. how should I get a continuois power supply into my deck?

Vinny
05-26-2004, 10:13 AM
you should get a constant 12 on the white/yellow and an accesory on the yellow red. If these no power on the constant check the fuse

DanLXI88
05-26-2004, 10:54 AM
Check the main harness and the (assuming your using an adapter for your new head unit) check it also a lot of times the wires will pull out of the plastic. If you still can't find out why you could splice into the lighter for 12v constant it's close and convenient.

Brentm
05-26-2004, 02:08 PM
I tested the lighter for power and nothing, so I took it into the stereo shop where I bought my deck, and the people before me sliced and diced and spliced into random wires and crap, they ended up just hacking the constant power wire somewhere and that’s why my dash clock never worked, right now I'm kind of pissed off because people don’t know how to take care of vehicles, I have 1 speaker, and 3 of my other speakers were rotted, or just don’t work. The wiring in my car is going to need to be completely redone, and I might be able to get some 6x9's off my friend for pretty cheap.

Id hate to say this but I think its time for me to move on from my accord:( and get something newer with less kms and that was actually taken care of.

Mac
05-26-2004, 02:10 PM
If you don't have 12 volts on the white/yellow wire, check fuse #11 in the under the hood fuse/relay panel.

DanLXI88
05-26-2004, 02:15 PM
It's not hard to run new wire in our cars. Plus if you do it you'll know you have good wires ran. If need be you can run 12v directly from the battery. If you feel like a drive you can come to Columbus I'll give you a hand with it.