PDA

View Full Version : possible to wire cruise cntrl direct

pixiesfan78
05-26-2004, 12:35 PM
ok so i just put back my cruise a couple weeks ago it worked fine for about three days then it quit electrically. the button on the dash works but when i hit the set button nothing. and it wont light up on the dash i checked the wireing harness under the hood with a test light and i get nothing so im assuming the ecu is dead or somthing stupid. is there anyway to wire it direct and does anyone know where the wires should go i.e. a relay or what? any ideas at all.

shepherd79
05-26-2004, 12:47 PM
i have the same problem.
when i replaced antenna i disconnected the cruise control plug and now it won't work.

86LXItooFAST4me
05-26-2004, 01:41 PM
mine stopped too, but i didnt do anything. one day it worked, and one day it didnt. the button on dash light up like you said but the set buttom does nothing. im thinking its the control modual computer thingy that controls the cruze.

pixiesfan78
05-26-2004, 05:10 PM
what control module thingy and where do i find it? ya know thats really annoying not that i use it all the time but damn i went to all the trouble to put the thing back in after having taken it out and it lasts three days plus i just got through converting all my dash lights to blue leds so now i have this nice pretty cruise button just begging to be used. any body got any ideas as to how to wire it direct.

pixiesfan78
05-27-2004, 07:21 PM
everybody stumped on this one or what? is there a techie in the house that can find out what the four wires from the cruise need to hook up to. i mean if its just a matter of bypassing the factory wiring thats no biggie.or what else can cause the cruise not to work electriclly it deffinitlly has plenty of vacume and the button on the dash works.dose it have a control module? where is it?

88LXi/87CRXSi
05-27-2004, 10:21 PM
The control unit should be under the dash, drivers side, by the kick panel. Check fuses 2 and 4 in the dash fuse box and fuse 4 of the under hood fuse box. It could also be your brake pedal or clutch pedal/auto shift disengage switches. I would suggest downloading at least the body electrical section of the shop manual that Paul has made available to us. It has a wiring diagram, troubleshooting charts and tests to perform on each component. For me, fixing what's wrong, probably something like a fuse or switch, would be far easier than trying to figure out how to wire it direct.

FoX
05-31-2004, 07:30 PM
The control unit should be under the dash, drivers side, by the kick panel. Check fuses 2 and 4 in the dash fuse box and fuse 4 of the under hood fuse box. It could also be your brake pedal or clutch pedal/auto shift disengage switches. I would suggest downloading at least the body electrical section of the shop manual that Paul has made available to us. It has a wiring diagram, troubleshooting charts and tests to perform on each component. For me, fixing what's wrong, probably something like a fuse or switch, would be far easier than trying to figure out how to wire it direct.
I have a better question, how about bypassing it so it isnt dependent on the horns?

IN_ONE_ACCORD
06-01-2004, 04:54 AM
I don't think bypassing the safety controls on the cruise control system would be wise. The brakes/switch may not turn it off when you want it...and
you could get in a wreck. I saw somewhere that you're not suppose to use it when it rains either...something about it not disengaging or accelerating wildly and people getting hurt.

pixiesfan78
06-01-2004, 08:36 PM
I have a better question, how about bypassing it so it isnt dependent on the horns? wait a minute im dumb what horns ? its deffinitly not the brake light switch behind brake peddal im gonna check those fuses. but what horns are you talkin about.