PDA

View Full Version : Damn Squeaking!!! Plz help..

Coitis1
07-17-2002, 01:26 PM
i have this squeaking coming from my front drivers side wheel. I can't tell where exactly it is coming from. I heard it last week and just though it was my control arms b/c i knew they needed replaced. Well I just got it out of the shop from getting them fixed and the squeaking is still there. It's killing me. It sounds like a rubbing/squeaky sound, and it gets faster and louder when i am going faster. Someone plz suggest something, this is gonna be the death of me. Thanks

TeKKnoTeKK
07-17-2002, 01:33 PM
sounds like a ball joint or bushing to me.....may be worth spraying some wd-40 on them to see if it stops.

hondaman87
07-17-2002, 01:35 PM
it might be your brake system, a metal rubbing the rotor

Coitis1
07-17-2002, 01:41 PM
The ball joint and bushing were both replaced, so i don't think that's it. Thanks for the help though.

POS carb
07-17-2002, 05:38 PM
maybe it's your brake pad indicator telling you your pads are worn low, only a rubbing will cause a noise that changes with speed really

Grant2k
07-19-2002, 02:36 PM
I get that squeaking coming from the rear. It can't be wear indicators, but when i stand next to the car and bounce it it sounds like the ball joints. I think the ball joints are good though.

Jims 86LXI HB
07-19-2002, 09:50 PM
I'll throw this out their. Sway bar bushing can and do make noise. My rears make noise. But before I figured that out, tracing the sound lead me to all sorts of ideas. I was like a phatom noise that diffied(ms) to reveal its source. I finally figured it out and figured when I get a new rear sway bar I'll fix it then with the new mounts. Hey I even got under the CAR and bounced it from the underside, still I could not figure it out. It was when I had the suspension apart to install lowering springs and I moved the suspension and clearly heard the sway bar bushing make the sound. I wanted to take a hammer to it and show it a thing or two, grrrrr.