PDA

View Full Version : I Don't Know What Happened, And Im Scared My Steering May Be F**ked! Help!

Jonessoda27
05-27-2004, 11:46 AM
Today as I was leaving school, it was raining and pretty wet out, I was going about 30 and I took a hard left turn and some scary shit happened and my front wheels seemed to lock all the way to the left and I moved it all the way back to the right, but it was scary because after I completed the left turn, I was on the left lane, so if there was a car there I would have been fucked. After I was driving, I suspected that I fucked something up, but I drove home, testing if I could actually turn left and right. I got almost home safely and there was a school bus, so I stopped the car completely to wait for it. When I turned the car back on and turned the wheel a bit I heard a bit of grinding.

What did I do on the turn, fishtail????
Is it something to worry about???? :uh:
Is my car fucked? :sad2: :sad2:

I feel bad...... :barf:

my86dx4dr
05-27-2004, 11:58 AM
it sounds to me that you lost a lil control, but im not to educated in the steering development, so i'l let someone else tell you for sure

bobafett
05-27-2004, 12:18 PM
i dont think you could have messed anything up. check your power steering fluid levels, and top it off if necessary... relax and u know the rain is the time to pull the ebrake and kick down full second gear wet spins! ;)

88LX-iSedan
05-27-2004, 01:36 PM
Hmm.. Were you stuck going foward, like the front-end was washing out? That would probably be cheap tires. Then again, you did say there was some grinding. ..Soo

Jonessoda27
05-27-2004, 02:55 PM
Hmm.. Were you stuck going foward, like the front-end was washing out? That would probably be cheap tires. Then again, you did say there was some grinding. ..Soo

They migh be cheap tires, but like do i have anything to worry about?

I always think about the worse that can happen..

Bryan
05-27-2004, 03:06 PM
If it happens again, and it's dry out....Then you should probably have that checked out.

buzzbomber88lx
05-27-2004, 05:12 PM
sounds like the grinding may have been the power steering pump or something. If it isnt doing it now then dont worry about it.

MrBen
05-27-2004, 05:36 PM
They migh be cheap tires, but like do i have anything to worry about?

I always think about the worse that can happen..

It was pretty damn rainy today man... I wouldn't get really worried about it unless it happens again. It was raining so hard today that the parking lot here at college was flooded, along with a tornado in Tenino.

88LX-iSedan
05-27-2004, 06:01 PM
Yeah, if it's no longer grinding and it doesn't happen again, don't worry about it.
Take it easy on them curves when it's raining though.. :)

Jonessoda27
05-27-2004, 07:48 PM
It was pretty damn rainy today man... I wouldn't get really worried about it unless it happens again. It was raining so hard today that the parking lot here at college was flooded, along with a tornado in Tenino.

Thanks all for the input.. It scared the shit out of me, and i dont have money to fix anything lol. It was crazy raining today for sure ghetto. NO VISIBILITY!