PDA

View Full Version : mp3 cds

Brentm
05-27-2004, 01:28 PM
I jsut got myself a hell of a deal on a sony mp3 deck, 200$ for a 300$ deck, brand new, go me!

Neways whats the best way to make an mp3 cd, with or without folders, and what about the names of the tracks, what do you people use. And what about the ID3 tags.

And I know your all gonna say boo sony, whatever, I got a sweet deal on the deck, andthey said if I dont like it i can return it. theres worse out there and better out there, all I wanted was a low priced mp3 deck. And sony has a new chassis system and laser in this years models so I guess Ill see how it works out. peas!

k-roy
05-27-2004, 01:34 PM
I like to make a single folder for each Artist or Album. If its all in in the root directory you have to scroll through like 100 tracks at once.
The Text on the screen reads off the ID3 tags so make sure they are all there before you burn a CD.

Brentm
05-27-2004, 02:04 PM
do you know of a program that will take the filename and copy that into the ID3 tag? so I dont gotta go and type them all into like 4000 songs?

k-roy
05-27-2004, 02:05 PM
I dunno of an exact program to use for Windows or Mac, I use linux.
You should be able to find something at tucows.com

HostileJava
05-27-2004, 03:49 PM
http://www.musicbrainz.org/

Try that program, works pretty damn good and can even guess what the title/artist is if you don't have the id3tag (not always correctly).