PDA

View Full Version : B20a Lsd

RobT5580
05-27-2004, 08:44 PM
:) I was happy to get it today from Quaife. I sent out my B20A one a few weeks ago and was happy to hear that they had a match. But i was worried about the axle splines matching because i really wanted to use my intermediate shaft. Needless to say the splines match and even the ring gear fits perfect. Not that i expect anyone else to use this on a B20A you want the B16A LSD.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid118/p0a4e84df2ac211974913769098cf61e8/f8824b04.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid118/pdbc0c900a07aa86d5fde8fb5fd232ab5/f8824ae0.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid118/pe6c90916283675dddf054244e9fc9424/f8824a98.jpg

This will be by far one of the most expensive parts i have bought besides the AEM EMS coming soon and the Pauter X-Beam rods i got last week. But in my eyes if your gonna do a turbo you gotta do it right and iv gone a litte overboard.

Justin86
05-27-2004, 09:53 PM
ohhhhhh so nice!!!!!! :)

Hash_man_Se_i
05-27-2004, 09:57 PM
Wow, thats just awesome... How long till u get all this stuff on the b20 and in ur car? I can't wait to see that thing all done.

bobafett
05-28-2004, 01:16 AM
eek i wish i had $$$! niiiice job rob!

Gregg86DX
05-28-2004, 06:19 AM
Ok, so just to clarify, it appears that a B16A LSD is a direct replacement for the B20A differential?

If true, that is really good news and might make me consider getting one. How much did the LSD cost?

Gregg

RobT5580
05-28-2004, 06:53 AM
Im shooting for July right now because i still have to drop the engine off the the machine shop but i cant do that until i get the cometic headgasket. Im dying to finish it but it will be dont for sure this summer but now its just about time and more money.

Gregg, It will be a direct fit im just waiting on the new bearings from Japan and then i can press them on along with the speed sensor gear which will probably be the hardest part. This is out of the goldtop 5spd so it may differ from the black top which im not gonna take apart since i have 2 of the goldtops. The price is pretty much fixed at $995 everywhere. I found out afterwards the guy i got my turbo from is a dealer but its not that much off anyway at $875 for his cost. If you wanted to do a lower budget one go for the oem honda one. I see ITR ones on ebay all the time so you might want to see if that is the same as the B16A one or not.

NXRacer
05-28-2004, 07:17 AM
Nice find! too bad there wasnt an LSD for the A20 that will just drop in there. . . . . .

bobafett
05-28-2004, 08:40 AM
www.azracemachine.com
www.phantomgrip.com

under $250 for either of these i belive

not as good of a design, and they willllll eat your differential, but they are fucking cheap, and you can keep trying tranny combinations until you get the best one. lol

RobT5580
05-28-2004, 10:14 AM
If someone is willing to ship there A20A diff to Quaife they will match it up. That way if they find a match you can just buy the OEM differential for about the price of the phantom grip and be much better off. To be really honest guys if some of you guys were willing to put a little effort into things most manufacturers will go the extra mile. So far iv gotten ARP, Quaife, and Crower to take my parts and match them up with existing parts and crower even modified cams for me. So if you have some parts just ship them out and the worst that can happen is it will be sent back but so far i have yet to be turned away from a vendor. They know if your willing to ship a part to them then your willing to buy parts so they take the time to make an effort to help you out.

bobafett
05-28-2004, 10:26 AM
that is really encouraging rob! keep up the good work

RobT5580
05-28-2004, 10:34 AM
I was getting a little turned off around may because my parts list was still a mile long but fortunatly i started summer off good and knocked off some of the more expensive things. Hopefully things continue to go well because i still need more stuff and i set date for early july so the pressure is on. But i know this much it will get done this summer either way and its done well enought to where i shouldnt upgrade anything later on.

Hopefully you guys will see that its not as bad as it seems if you put a little effort into it. Yeah its not cheap but if you want nice parts you have to spend a little and pick up the phone and work things out.

Forgar_88
05-28-2004, 01:47 PM
Good to see someoen doin it all right...LOL I wish i had the money to spend on some of those parts.....

adams86lxi
05-28-2004, 05:34 PM
damn! thats awesome man!!!

RobT5580
05-28-2004, 05:36 PM
I think my biggest motivation is i want to finish my car before i graduate college because i know after that all my money will be going into my business. Plus iv been with my girlfriend for almost 6 years now so i imagine sometime after school we might be making future plans if things continue the way they have been. Trust me iv been messing with accords (my three) over the past 6 or 7 years and finally im making some progress but at a huge expense. So im under a lot of pressure to get this done and i still want to re-paint the entire car and do interior work before i can say im done or as close as i want to be. If i didnt have my business going the way it has been there is no way i would even be this far. Its hard to have a hobby like we do and make progress with all the other things going on in our lives. Iv been working on this engine for about a year now so it takes time and a lot of devotion to not loose interest.

HondaBoy
05-28-2004, 11:46 PM
damn you lucky bastard! ah, one day i'll be able to put something good into my 3gee. gotta wait for that money to start rollin in, yeah right. good luck with that.

Gregg86DX
06-10-2004, 09:29 PM
Rob, quick question: what was the part number on the Quaife LSD? I want to try and cross reference and figure out exactly which differentials will work.

Thanks.

BlueBead
06-10-2004, 11:00 PM
Rob... put up some pics online (cardomain or something) so we can follow your progress.... I love it that you've got a plan to keep your baby in your life permanently! Nice work man, and like I said.. get some more pics up so the rest of us can ogle...

RobT5580
06-11-2004, 05:16 AM
Gregg, its just the B16A LSD # 60.309.160 and its all in and is turning fine through all the gears. BlueBead i may just make a new post after all is done iv been posting my progress when ever i do a bit of work but its been spread over a years time already. But the whole thing will be going in this july if all goes as planned. Its kinda sickening the amount of money i have just spent but i dont want to know the total until its all said and done. But on the good side is im glad to do it now because there is no way later i will be able to spend money like i have been. So i will keep you guys posted.

Oyvind Ryeng
06-11-2004, 07:37 AM
That is sexy! The Qaife diff is a mechanical Torsen-type, right?

carotman
06-11-2004, 10:30 AM
I wonder if the OEM B16A lsd would work... or even a B18C lsd...

PortugalFocus
06-11-2004, 11:31 AM
wicked sweet LSD, how much did that run you if you don't mind me asking? I'm thinking about getting one and a Focus Central Remapped ECU .

Gregg86DX
06-11-2004, 11:53 AM
I wonder if the OEM B16A lsd would work... or even a B18C lsd...

That's exactly what I am trying to figure out. This one looks interesting:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2481448217&category=33731

I am tempted to buy it just to see. It could always be resold later if it did not fit.

Gregg

RobT5580
06-11-2004, 07:22 PM
It should work fine as far as the B16 goes it should fit exact as mine did. The quaife runs $995 but its one of the best out there and the only company i have ever seen offer a lifetime warranty even on race applications. So for those in need of a cheaper one just get the stock setup but i know they are harder to find so first thing you need to know is if the B18C is the same or not.