PDA

View Full Version : Power Locks, Fixed Mine Today

HondaBoy
05-28-2004, 10:43 PM
my power locks havent worked for some time. the car was in a flood one time and it messed up the power lock controler box thing under the passenger seat. i remember my grandma had it disconnected because it was too expensive to replace it. it runs about $130. so a new one was out of the question. well i've been saying i'll be fixing that all the time. today i went to the junk yard with my friend. he was looking for some axles for his truck. i decided i'd ask if they got any new hondas in. just so happend they had an '86 accord sedan LX. the interior hadnt been rained in yet, so i checked if the controler was still under the seat. it was. i went back later on in the day. they let me pull it off my self and try it out on my car. i plugged it in, flipped the lock switch and they all went up and down just right. $5 got me that! can y'all believe that. you couldnt be that price with a stick. lol. its going to be so nice not haveing to reach across the seat to unlock the passenger door or go around locking every door. all i gotta do its turn the key and all go down. good thing the power lock mechanisms still work. anyone had problems with their power locks?

Mac
05-29-2004, 08:20 AM
That's great. Cheap, easy fixes are the best.

HondaBoy
05-29-2004, 01:59 PM
yeah, no shit. i still cant believe they work! people would always think it was ghetto that i had power locks that didnt work. lol. ha, take that people, now i have working power locks.

Dionysis24bt
06-04-2004, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the tip on how to fix the power locks I'll go to the junk yard soon the see if I can come across that type of deal, my locks are dead too. You have any idea on how to fix the antenna for the stereo, mine doesn't work.