PDA

View Full Version : noob tranny question

train
05-30-2004, 07:10 AM
i have an 87 LXi that needs a new auto tranny. do the LXi trannies have a tighter gear ratio than the LX or DXs? also, will a tranny from a carbed A20 work on a fuel injected A20?

forgive me, i'm a noob.

Andrew
05-30-2004, 09:36 AM
i have an 87 LXi that needs a new auto tranny. do the LXi trannies have a tighter gear ratio than the LX or DXs? also, will a tranny from a carbed A20 work on a fuel injected A20?

forgive me, i'm a noob.

Far as I know all the auto trannies are the same, might be a difference between the 86-87 and the 88-89 though, I think your best bet might be to contact a honda dealer.

Got any PICs of your car? You should start your own CarDomaine page.

train
05-30-2004, 11:34 AM
Far as I know all the auto trannies are the same, might be a difference between the 86-87 and the 88-89 though, I think your best bet might be to contact a honda dealer.

Got any PICs of your car? You should start your own CarDomaine page.

as of now i don't have pics of my car. i just got it back from my sister and its beat. the car stank cause she spilled some milk in it and it went sour. smelled horrible. i febreezed it and i'll prob have to do it a few more times. its totally stock as of now. it needs to be lowered bad. this car has an insane amount of wheel gap. also, i think honda's idea constructing the intake system is rediculous. there must have been like a mile of air tubes in there from the factory. i took the air filter off the back of the intake manifold along with all the hoses. i'm working on building a new intake. it'll be homemade, but it won't be all ghetto. i'll make it look good and clean. i need to find some fittings to plug all those vacuum hoses back into the intake i build. too many vacuum hoses on this car. i'm not gonna put much money into this thing cause its my second car. i'll just do a few things here and there. i'd like to get some new wheels. maybe get some new rollers for my integra and put my gsr fat fives on the accord. disc brakes for the accord would be nice too. i don't like drums. they're stupid.

Andrew
05-30-2004, 01:20 PM
disc brakes for the accord would be nice too. i don't like drums. they're stupid.

The Accord SEi had rear discs, you can steal some off of one at the wrecker.