PDA

View Full Version : wierd tranny--help-

ACE_14
05-30-2004, 09:51 PM
My 87 lx-i automatic had a used tranny in it. It was shot, so I went to have it rebuilt. When I picked it up, the guy told me it was an 86 tranny and that some of the hard parts broke. He replaced them with some newer, stronger hard parts, but now when I drive it, it makes a whistling sound. I caled him up, he said it was due to the "better" parts, and that it "should" go away in a couple of days. Does this sound right to anyone. I've had the car back for 2 days and it still doed it. Please help.

HondaBoy
05-30-2004, 10:02 PM
i really dont think a honda transmission is supposed to make any funky noises. see if it does go away in a few days. if this place you got it done at is any type of legit business, your tranny work should be under a warrantee. i hope it works good for you. good luck with it. tell us how it goes.

86LXi|JustONE
05-31-2004, 01:23 AM
i dunno...try asking a family mechanic or someone who you can trust thats more mechanically inclined to take a look and see whats going on with the tranny. its always best to get a second opinion expecially with things like the trans.

ACE_14
05-31-2004, 09:55 PM
I'm gonna give it a couple of days to see if it stops. In the mean time, my dad is gonna try and ask his friend thats a mechanic. If not, monday its going back so the guy can fix it. If he has to rebuild it again, thats his problem. He'll even have to buy me some more Royal Purple Max ATF outta his pocket.