PDA

View Full Version : carb screw question

StolenKar
07-17-2002, 09:59 PM
I know what all the other screws are like the air/fuel and the idle boost control do, but does anyone know what that one screw right on top of where the main gas line goes into the carb does?
I uncrewed it one day and gas started leaking around the screw. I had to put silicone(even though not made for that) on it to stop the leak. PLEASE tell me what the hell that screw is for.
:wtf:

Dutchboy
07-17-2002, 11:04 PM
you might mean the float level screw....Um did you drive it after that.???? if you fricked the float level your car isnt going to run to good...

thats the only screw i can think of off the top of my head ....might be because of the lack of sleep but that s my guess...

BEn

StolenKar
07-18-2002, 08:51 AM
Yeah, thats' the one, but I can't seem to take it out to replace it since it's already stripped. By the way, after I messed with it I got really bad gas mileage, im talking about 16mpg! Is that incluided in a carb reabuild kit?

POS carb
07-18-2002, 10:32 AM
you just screwed up the oring on the float level screw, just set it and glue it good until you get a rebuild kit or buy a replacement carb from the wreckers for cheap

A20A1
07-19-2002, 04:53 PM
you can find the right size o-ring from a hardware store... I got one sligtly bigger and its a tight fit but no leaks.

ChronoDX87
08-13-2002, 08:56 PM
:toilet: Well.. let me put it this way.. its the a mini me toilet for the carb :D .. we had the same problem.. my car used to starve .. and died when i over acel... and it used to give me bad mileage .. when i fuked around... with the screw.. lol.. yah :stupid: ... well.. here goes what happ...

I tho about gettin a Used carbi from Junk yard... but all of sudden :devil: my friend Guyver007.. tho about.. just gettin the top part of carb... example of it showin screws to be remove

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/898f9cea/bc/Yahoo!+Photo+Album/__hr_example+carb.jpg?bcPRfW9AMDa3BXb0

You can reuse ur gaskit again if its not broken...
it cost me $10 bucks the whole part carb top .. from.. Junk yard the whole carb cost $30bucks.. dependin on where u go..

shepherd79
08-14-2002, 03:51 AM
yeah i had the same problem. i just went a got o-ring and replace it.