PDA

View Full Version : How do you like this taillight mod???

jteuton
05-31-2004, 09:24 PM
I kept asking people to post pics however nobody wanted to host.
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/381000-381999/381984_9_full.jpg

Hash_man_Se_i
05-31-2004, 09:52 PM
Is that on ur accord? I would have to see better pics... but I think those lights are way too round for a 3rd gen and please loose the wing;

Elijah
05-31-2004, 09:59 PM
That kinda looks like it's a lude.

Elijah
05-31-2004, 10:01 PM
If that is a 3g I wont knock it. It looks like alot of work went in it. I would have to see better pics though.

Busted_Blue
05-31-2004, 10:19 PM
:sad2: :sad2: lots of work went into that to.make it looks....odd.

jteuton
05-31-2004, 10:23 PM
Its an 88lxi accord. The only way I want you to diss it is if you have something that looks better. I swear this site is full of nothing but haters. Oh, hashman, is your car stock??? The supra lights have took first of show at many truckin events frenched into minitrucks. Why don't you go to one and tell them how boxy their truck is for an oval light. Sooo many people can't be wrong.

jteuton
05-31-2004, 10:30 PM
And no more pics of the shaved body will be shown or the charged and sprayed engine until people who have otherwise stock ugly accords stop posting replys that diss on the hard work I, and many of my friends, spent doing. I have shown my car to many of people who think the body work looks bad ass, but as soon as I post a pic on the internet, lazy people who sit behind the computer 24/7 and have stock cars laugh in their own amusement. If you have no modifications to their own car, then why post on a car site anywayz. If you think you can beat the tail of that 88, I dare you to go and try.

my86dx4dr
05-31-2004, 10:31 PM
Hey man, simmer down son, some people like stuff some people dont,

but if you get all bootyhurt over it, then there never gonna accept YOU, fuck your car! its you doin the talkin!

Blue Impact
05-31-2004, 11:13 PM
I don't like the taillights (Mark4 tails are kinda played out) and I don't like the wing cuz it's a little too high, but if it satisfies you then stick with it. You're wrong. This site isn't full of haters, just open-minded people. I give props to anyone who puts time in their cars whether it be appearance mods or performance or like myself, just keeping it stock and "clean." I give you props too, but remember that what satisfies you will not satisfy everyone else. Each to his own.

Majinmica
06-01-2004, 12:52 AM
I kept asking people to post pics however nobody wanted to host.
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/381000-381999/381984_9_full.jpg

those taillights look awesome as **** i have an 88 lxi as well those would make my ride look 100 times better than what it is know. plus the wing is cool im getting one. how long did it take you to do that? how much would you charge to mod another set of those tail lights for my lxi? :rice: :rice:

thegreatdane
06-01-2004, 01:51 AM
How do you open the trunk?
What rear bumper is that?

Vanilla Sky
06-01-2004, 02:00 AM
all i have to say is i can't see enough of it to even comment on it

SteveDX89
06-01-2004, 02:04 AM
LOL. This guy posts asking how we like and then when we don't like it, we get trash talked on.

shepherd79
06-01-2004, 03:40 AM
first of all, if you want us tell you what this lights look like take a better picture in day light and not with flash light and cheap ass camera.
second of all, the reason a lot of people don't like anything other taillights beside 3G tails is because they look a lot better. we love our cars too much plus many of us don't care about looks. we want power.

if you don't like people on this board, well don't post here. go somewhere else where they will bash you even more.

DeathRat
06-01-2004, 05:56 AM
Well said Alex!

As to the pic...well a better pic would get better results here, as this one is hard to see the detail.

wprocomp
06-01-2004, 07:23 AM
dude who cares what everyone says just post the fucking thing,if someone says they dont like it down the street you gonna hide it in the garage?

cvergi01
06-01-2004, 08:21 AM
I like em. There different and anything on our cars has to be custom, so why not make it look different. People who aren't familliar with the 3g like we are, will see it and think that it looks great. And the reason all the people around you there say it looks good and we are all " haters " is because there are a lot more people here that love this car and it's original look, but it still looks good.

od2681
06-01-2004, 08:29 AM
man lot of work went into that....but they are eccentric

Jokez
06-01-2004, 08:47 AM
Looks good....kinda like a lude or teg. Nice Job

HostileJava
06-01-2004, 02:00 PM
I need to see better pictures, i'll host them for you. [email protected]

jteuton
06-01-2004, 02:47 PM
I took the picture at night cause I had just finished months of work on the motor and body. I spent lots and lots of time and money. Many of many people have asked of me to do their body work and I can show you more pics of work I have done, but what pisses me off is that as soon as I show it to people who own the same cars, they want to talk about how crappy it looks? I was around before the 3geez forum even started, way back when the forum was on Automotive forums.com. I have gave many advice of motors and bodywork, and I have to say the reason I never commited to posting here or showing you the progress is cause of many of the people on this board. Some are still cool, but most of the posters are assholes. I have been on many of forums and this one by far has to be the worst in talking trash. Every other forum I go to will post questions and fair comments but not rude ones. If you don't like the lights it would be fair to say.....that was alotta work, congrats, but its not the look i'm going for cause I appreciate the bodylines of the factory model. That would please me, however comments like......alotta work went into that to make it look odd, loose the wing....wtf does that have to do with a pic showing taillights.....if the post was labeled, new high rise wing pics, then that would be fair as well. Look, I'm going to stop ranting cause it doesn't really matter what I type people will trash on me and my ride. So here's a good pic I took a few hours ago for the people who want to see the taillights. The trunk does not open anymore cause this is not a grocery getter anymore. It is a strict race setup that will run high 8's, low 9's depending on if I spray.
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/381000-381999/381984_10_full.jpg

cvergi01
06-01-2004, 02:59 PM
I like it...post more pics when it's painted...that's a lot of frigin work, is it bondo or fiberglass? and where'd the tails come from....looks good

Hash_man_Se_i
06-01-2004, 03:14 PM
Its an 88lxi accord. The only way I want you to diss it is if you have something that looks better. I swear this site is full of nothing but haters. Oh, hashman, is your car stock??? The supra lights have took first of show at many truckin events frenched into minitrucks. Why don't you go to one and tell them how boxy their truck is for an oval light. Sooo many people can't be wrong.

Whoa man... chill... I never said anything negative except for loose the wing, I personally hate aluminum wings, and I am entitled to my own opinion, which I just stated. Then I said that I "think" the lights are too round for the look of a 3rd gen, which again, was an opinion.

Now, I must say, with the new picture, I can see the work much better, and it's not my cup of tea, meaning its something I wouldn't do to my car, but I can admire the immense amounts of work that must have gone in to that. Props for that... and as many other people have said... there are tonnes of other forums where people are way worse then on here... and I think on 3geez its mainly people stating their opinions. I personally like the look of the stock 3rd gen accord, and that is why I mainly want to keep the exterior of my car stock... And for your information my car is not stock, and I have even more mods like rims on the way probably before the end of the month. Besides which, even if my car was stock, who cares... I'm 17, its my first car, and no matter what I am still entitled to my opinion whenever I want.

-End of rant... Hash_man

nismoracer99
06-01-2004, 03:25 PM
looks very nice!!!!

keep the wing!! :)

HostileJava
06-01-2004, 03:28 PM
Looks decent, i think it would look better if the tails were a little larger, but I'll hold off on judgement till I see the rear painted.

thegreatdane
06-01-2004, 03:37 PM
What engine does it have? Pictures, specs?

blazin3gen
06-01-2004, 03:50 PM
I took the picture at night cause I had just finished months of work on the motor and body. I spent lots and lots of time and money. Many of many people have asked of me to do their body work and I can show you more pics of work I have done, but what pisses me off is that as soon as I show it to people who own the same cars, they want to talk about how crappy it looks? I was around before the 3geez forum even started, way back when the forum was on Automotive forums.com. I have gave many advice of motors and bodywork, and I have to say the reason I never commited to posting here or showing you the progress is cause of many of the people on this board. Some are still cool, but most of the posters are assholes. I have been on many of forums and this one by far has to be the worst in talking trash. Every other forum I go to will post questions and fair comments but not rude ones. If you don't like the lights it would be fair to say.....that was alotta work, congrats, but its not the look i'm going for cause I appreciate the bodylines of the factory model. That would please me, however comments like......alotta work went into that to make it look odd, loose the wing....wtf does that have to do with a pic showing taillights.....if the post was labeled, new high rise wing pics, then that would be fair as well. Look, I'm going to stop ranting cause it doesn't really matter what I type people will trash on me and my ride. So here's a good pic I took a few hours ago for the people who want to see the taillights. The trunk does not open anymore cause this is not a grocery getter anymore. It is a strict race setup that will run high 8's, low 9's depending on if I spray.
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/381000-381999/381984_10_full.jpg

listen bro, the only one here trashing your car is you, seem like your trying to start the flame..

but i will give u props on the bodywork on that car, it looks good but not my style, i know for a fact that body work takes amazing skill and time so props for that..

PS:

More pics :)

Hash_man_Se_i
06-01-2004, 03:53 PM
And ya... whats under the hood if its gonna be running "9's"? just curious.

crwa
06-01-2004, 04:25 PM
Ummmmm...Personally thats not my style, I think newer prelude tails or skyline r34 taillights would have looked better on a boxie rear ended car, but if you like it thats what counts, but the biggest question I have is how do you get into the trunk, Open the back seat???

But when you ask for what people think your goona get negative responces so don't get all mad when someone says something you don't like...

jteuton
06-01-2004, 04:41 PM

bullard123
06-01-2004, 04:42 PM
I like it. The taillights remind me of the new Mazda 6 lights, which are pretty cool. Its unique and and I know you put a lot of hard work into it. Plus you will distinguish yourself from everyone else. Hey why not try something different? Nobody cares about our cars enough to provide aftermarket support anyway. I give it 2 thumbs up.

jteuton
06-01-2004, 04:47 PM
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/381000-381999/381984_11_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/381000-381999/381984_12_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/381000-381999/381984_13_full.jpg

Busted_Blue
06-01-2004, 04:48 PM
Hey my bad for hurting your feelings but listen this is a board, trash talk will ALWAYS be around and it can't be helped. You know that certain styles are going to provoke talk but..you did ask what we thought about it. I thought it was a lot of work to make it look odd. The boxy style of the car IMO doesnt flow with the round lights of the MKIV supra taillights. It gives the rear an interesting stance that I think isn't really nice.

I think Honda spent so much time making the design of the stock accord, why try and change it? My 2 cents.

jteuton
06-01-2004, 05:58 PM
Yeah, your right, since honda spent so much time making the design of stock Accord, why change it? Maybe its because they made it to appeal to the masses and they had to strike a medium to appeal to a wide audience. They made the engine so powerful and the body so sleek I don't know why anybody puts bodykits,euros,wheels, or power adders to their rides.

cvergi01
06-01-2004, 06:09 PM
I like it...post more pics when it's painted...that's a lot of frigin work, is it bondo or fiberglass? and where'd the tails come from?

DeathRat
06-01-2004, 06:38 PM
That's much better with decent pics to better show off your hard work! :rockon:
Looks great to me! Personally I'm not a big fan of giant wings though....But the rest of the car loks right on!

jteuton
06-01-2004, 06:43 PM
It is sheetmetal, went over with kitty hair and smoothed with putty cote.

shepherd79
06-01-2004, 06:45 PM

how we are talking.
the new picture makes it look alot better.
i do like them.
first i didn't like them, but the more i look at them the more i like them.
it is definatly diff.
i like the sealed trunk and rear doors look look.
I will give you big props for a good work.
i hope you have big plans for that engine to get it into 9s.
if you don't have many plans, talk to Sean at http://www.Accordcentral.com
he has full GM EFI swap that will make stock A20 block run at 12 PSI all day long.
good luck and don't be a stranger. come back to see us again and keep us updated on your car.

Mattphi
06-01-2004, 07:32 PM
very very very nice. I like to see that someone has originality. Keep it up and show us some finished pics

BKKloppenborg
06-01-2004, 07:36 PM
Nice taillights and turn signal lights. Nice work the car looks nice. The only thing i don't like about it is the Wing. Sorry

customandsound
06-01-2004, 08:02 PM
Keep the wing i got one mounted on my car just like it ...did you weld the door's shut before you shaved the line's .. i was going to do some thing like that to my door's i never thought of making the trunk seamless .... Look's good and can't wait to see it painted..... and as for the bull shit of every one talking shit on every one's car's i am use to it ... i am the one that put all the ime and cash in to my car so the hell with them .... it is every where .. so let them talk .

sl103
06-01-2004, 08:54 PM
Are those supra lights???? they really dont fit the car well. I like the original light but thats just me.

HondaBoy
06-01-2004, 09:29 PM
i think i like the supra tails. im a fan of em. although the tail light housing would look better if it had square corners. im going to be working on making some supra style tails for my 3gee. clear tails were easy compared to fully fabricating new tail lights inside of whats left of the original shell. thats how im making the supra tails for my car.

pixiesfan78
06-01-2004, 09:30 PM

NXRacer
06-01-2004, 09:52 PM
um yeah. that is seriously NOT a good choice of body mods, but its your car and thats cool. I give you mad props for the amount of work you put into it though. i may not like what you chose to do to it, but i give you credit for the good work you did to get it where it is.

pixiesfan78
06-01-2004, 09:54 PM
ah oops what i ment to say was the taillights look sick dude you clearly have mad talent but i have to say the bumper and wing killed it for me as well 3gees look way to good dropped on some rims. with no body kit pimped out paint and some engine work your good to go i think it makes a better show car then a racecar i know i know just bann me now. but sieriously man i admire the fact that you love your 3gee so much you were motivated to dress it down with somthing you created with your own imagination mad props.

Hash_man_Se_i
06-01-2004, 10:38 PM
I am just wondering now... do you plan to run 8's or 9's on a N/A A20, with nitrous?

HondaBoy
06-01-2004, 10:46 PM
yeah, im sure you can build that 3gee into a 9 second daily driver. shyeah :lol:. keep us updated with pix, that'll be interesting to see how it turns out. i'm sure when its done it'll look really good. you can never tell when its in the process of being worked.

my86dx4dr
06-01-2004, 11:48 PM
a b18c5 will fit in with the placeracing mounts and stuff

build that with turbo, i bet 10's would be easy, 9's would be another story....

jteuton
06-02-2004, 12:35 AM
i'm talking about 8's or 9's at the local 1/8 mile strip. We have no quarter mile strip within 50 miles. Sorry for the confusion. I can and will back up my claims if needed with time slips when I go this weekend. It can be daily driven but I usually drive my bagged 94 dakota to work.

cvergi01
06-02-2004, 08:00 AM
hey congrats on 500 posts

NXRacer
06-02-2004, 09:48 AM
i'm talking about 8's or 9's at the local 1/8 mile strip.
9's in the 1/8 is do-able

i.c.
06-02-2004, 10:39 AM
dude that is crazy.....as a fan of the mini truck...i liek the supra tails on it.....yes, alot of nissan hardbodys and mazdas have the supra taillights....if any taillights at all... not bad man

Vanilla Sky
06-02-2004, 01:33 PM
props for the work, but they would look better if they were larger... even if they were the same lights, just larger... that area is a lot to fill... it would look good if it was painted really dark, and with a bit of flake in it... that always makes work like that stand out like "WHOA"

lightbulblxi
06-02-2004, 04:22 PM
damn man, first off, i am not a fan of any light conversions, btu i cant name one person on this board that could make it look that good, big time props on the work put into it, very clean. i like those corners too, u make them your self?

Blkblurr
06-03-2004, 09:02 AM
Looks like the lights came from an S2000. Where did they come from?

train
06-07-2004, 08:49 PM
a b18c5 will fit in with the placeracing mounts and stuff

build that with turbo, i bet 10's would be easy, 9's would be another story....

a turbocharged B18C5 is a waste of money. that motor is built to be N/A. with a 10.6:1 CR and a 4.4 or 4.7 final, among other things, there is too much to change for it to meet FI requirements (unless you only plan to boost at 6-8 psi (but where's the fun in that? :cool: besides, that would get you nowhere near 9s in the 1320.) ((i know the 1/8th was originally meant tho.))

the smart thing to do would be to buy a B18B for 2 grand cheaper than a B18C5 costs, get it some forged rods and pistons, crower 403s, a good valvetrain, a skunk2 or JG manifold, P&P jobs, a 62 or 65mm TB, a 3" exhaust, fuel upgrades, and some engine management. and yes, that CAN be accomplished for the price of a B18C5. after all that, you have a nice solid foundation and you can start building your turbo setup. if you wanted a VTEC head, use the P72 or PR3. they do flow significantly better than the PR4. the P73 is just a bad idea unless you already have it laying around or under your hood.

sorry its OT.

train
06-07-2004, 08:53 PM
Looks like the lights came from an S2000. Where did they come from?

they're supra lights like everyone else said. s2k lights are shorter....and totally different. lol

Chubs87Accord
06-12-2004, 11:29 PM
honestly, the tails look out of place.. everything is nice, but the way the tails are actually sunk into the trunk at one point looks odd.. to put that muck work into your car you would have been better of fabricating your own set of tailights, to have that much know how to do all that work it would have been easier and better looking, and you should have somehow formed the back corners to flow with the bumper... paint it a dark color an you shouldnt have a problem at all, in fact dark pain and it will look hot.. paint it a light color and may you be shot by 100 mexicans in giant sumbraros and ponchos.. now go ahead and blow up at me.. but its your fault for openly asking, opinions on your car.. if you do that you have to learn how to take opinions you liek and some you dont :D

PortugalFocus
06-15-2004, 04:14 PM
It's got NW juice and some pretty in depth body work. It's a huge step to weld shut your rear doors and trunk. Great job so fat though. I would have suggested maybe S2000 tails instead of Supra. Super work though. Keep it progressive....

hondamanlxi
06-15-2004, 04:33 PM
hey tennesse tag guy! im in north ALA!

hit me up on aim: sidewaysrice or alabamalxi

RedneckRicer
06-24-2004, 10:31 PM
hey, long time no see, back when we did the 5speed swaps like 2 years ago? i like the new look, different, but with all that work it still looks pretty bad ass.

BITESIZE
06-24-2004, 10:41 PM
Don't like it, but good work on doing it!

bullard123
06-25-2004, 09:06 AM
hey tennesse tag guy! im in north ALA!

hit me up on aim: sidewaysrice or alabamalxi

Alabama in the house!!! What's up man I'm from Mobile.

KoNEY
07-01-2004, 12:39 AM
wow, im in souther tenn. Franklin county to be exact, like 45 min from huntsville (mini-meet).....yeah, as for the mods o the car, id say you need to lose the primer on the window, but other than that, its cool, not my style, im not really into the whole supra lights thing, cuz everybody and there mother has done it, but looks good, at least the bodywork is clean, im a bodyman myself, and it looks good from that aspect, but like a few others have said, id like to see the painted product, mad props bro

89dxowner
07-01-2004, 11:35 AM
I like it. I think supra lights are the best looking lights ever made. Have you had any cracks as far as the trunk or doors?

howndamane
07-01-2004, 12:26 PM
i think stock 3g tail lights are sexy...

my86dx4dr
07-01-2004, 12:28 PM
:werd:

Bloodlust
07-01-2004, 12:57 PM

:werd: to the 2nd power. :D

I appreciate the work on your tails but personally I dont like them. But you have to respect the amount of work you put into them. When it comes down to it all that matters is what you think of ur own car. You will always have people who criticize you for your work. But hey, thats life. I get critisism all the time. Again, I commend u for your work, but its just not my style.

Micah 89LXi
07-07-2004, 09:32 PM
toyota lights on a honda car look kinda funny...i loved those supra lights on supras tho..i saw them on a maxda mx3 once and they looke fng amazing...its just the back end is kinda huge and boxy for little round tails...you should put a kit on it and it would take the focus off the tails and probably look really good..personally those LED tails that guy posted i think are the best looking i want half white half red...and i still dont know what everyones obsession with those wings is...if your car can go 200mph then more power to ya...show us pics of the whole car...good pics and you wil probably get a better reception from everyone @ 3geez...and we arent haters...we are lovers of the 3rd gen accord

Micah 89LXi
07-07-2004, 09:44 PM
sory i posted before i got to that other pic...okay that took mad time and money didnt know you streamlined the whole back end..also didnt know you had a kit on it....think its gonna look really good once painted and finished...but not something i would do...personally if i were doing a tail light mod...r32 skyline lights are sic as hell...but that is pretty cool...what does the front look like?

Chicane
01-12-2005, 09:25 AM

Actually many people can be very stupid. The same for the wing. People get a boxy wedgy car like a 3g accord or an early civic, and then they slap on some really swoopy supra wing. The lines just don't match at all. One is angular, the other is curvy. It looks incorrect, and the only people who think it actually looks good are other people who have no sense of taste and similar mods. The rest of the world just scratches their heads and goes 'wtf mate'. But hey, what would I know, I just study industrial design...

HKSdrift3r
01-13-2005, 06:24 PM
yo props on the bodywork. looks like u got the skills and i think its awesome ur applyin them to the 3g scene. IMO supra lights are sweet but the true fact is that our accords are to boxy from the back. Im thinkin R32 tailights would look real sweet but again thats my opinion and wat i wud do if i had the talents.. But lets see the finished product painted first before any more is said!