PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible?

89dxowner
06-01-2004, 01:40 PM
I heard about someone that did this to a older carbed accord. They used a bilge pump (like the kind to pump water out of a boat hull) To create forced air indution to the carb making like an almost turbo. Just wondering if anyone has heard of this.

pimp86LX
06-01-2004, 01:56 PM
Electrical blower is not a new idea. Many types are out on the market and most are complete bull shit.

cvergi01
06-01-2004, 02:52 PM
there's a thread on here somewhere about it and 1 guy said it worked....kinda made me wanna try it for the price. even if it doesn't work, you got a fan for your bedroom. Try a search for blower

AccordEpicenter
06-01-2004, 07:17 PM
its ghey and complete bs like the intake air temp resistor mod... this is the kind of thing that you do if you like wasting money and being a ricer.

Magny
06-01-2004, 08:19 PM
http://3geez.com/showthread.php?t=33179

ya mean this thread started by me and said that it does work by me??? it does work, only if you get the whole airbox completly sealed off. figured out why it wasnt working for a bit until I ran my hand around the air box and found all the leaks that prevents the pressure from working. oh by the way, ignore the flames if you want from other members and try it, but try it if you really want to. dont take my word for it, cause it will work for some people not all of them. just gotta make sure you do it right in order for it to work properly.

cvergi01
06-02-2004, 08:24 AM
that's it exactly...that's one of the first threads I read...made me want to join, seeing people doing crazy cheap mods, oh man that's my game. I got one goin now about propane and they call me crazy, but even if it doesn't work, next time someone asks, I'll be able to tell them for sure. I say try it, even if it's "dumb" have fun.

pimp86LX
06-02-2004, 08:31 AM
Innovative ideas are awsome. but in life there is the grand ole trangle. Each corner represents three qualities. In math, its speed, distance, and time. In automobiles and other things it can equate to cheap, fast, and good. you can only pick 2.