PDA

View Full Version : Cigarette Lighter...Help Fast

locknload68
06-01-2004, 05:03 PM
I'm trying to see if the thermo fuse on my cigarette lighter is blown or not but I can't get the damn lighter out of the dash.

According to the service manual, there is a ring nut on the back of the socket. I can't seem to find this nut. I see where it would go but there is no nut.

I have tried pulling in every direction trying to get the socket out. I've also tried just pulling the thermo fuse out of the back of it.

Help me get this thing out please.

SteveDX89
06-01-2004, 05:40 PM
You're gonna have to unplug the lighter and then spin it counter clockwise to unscrew it.

pixiesfan78
06-01-2004, 08:13 PM
yaeh what steve said unplug the ground wire and light bulb fixture slide the light fixture back and pull it off the ground casing the third wire is the positive lead. its best to do this with your stereo out and battery unplugged.then stick a finger or two down in the socket and hold tight reach in the dash from behind the lighter and twist the ground casing off it may be hard to twist. its the whole casing part that has the ground attached to it. once its off you can open the little plastic housing on the back thats where my bad connection was at.it folds in half to open you may need a small screwdriver to open it.make sure you pay attention to how the wire was installed in the casing clean up the connections and put back making sure it gets a good contact you should be able to easilly snap it closed.slide the groud casing back up the wire twist it back tight reconnect ground and light socket.done deal i dont remember anything about a fuse i blew a fuse in the fuse box screwing with it one time. but i dont think theres one in the dash.if this does not work make sure your getting power to it first of all with a test light its constantly supplied with power. if its hot the the element its self could be bad in witch case just lift one out of the junk yard or whatever. if your a smoker you gotta have that light flickin a lighter over and over with the window cracked will get you in a wreck. if you need to know anything else let me know pm or whatever.