PDA

View Full Version : CNC Milling Project

BlueBead
06-01-2004, 10:42 PM
:help: Hey guys, I'm taking a mechanical engineering technology program and my next project is to mill something out of a 3/4" x 4" x 4" peice of aluminum. I've been thinking of making something for the honda, but I want to know if anyone has anything they need built in those dimensions, because once I write the code I can mass produce these suckers at the cost of the aluminum. So far I've got zilch for real ideas, just a deep H-emblem.... :uh:
So Ideas pls! :help: I'll be doing this within the next two weeks.
I'll be using a Mori-Seki Computer controlled mill if that means anything to ya.

AccordEpicenter
06-02-2004, 02:13 PM
hmm what about those adapters for the AEM big brake kit... i dont know how big they are tho but if you could do it i bet you could find people to buy them

86LXItooFAST4me
06-02-2004, 02:21 PM
would alum be good for brake parts?

customandsound
06-02-2004, 02:45 PM
would alum be good for brake parts?
not the alumin. he is using ... it dose not have the tensile strength .. if you were doing brake part's for a cycle or go kart it would work fine ...

now if you were to use brass you can do about any thing needed for the brake system .... as for cnc .. you can do about any thing you want ... i got one of them machines i use it to cut when i sand cast a part ...

you can also make one hellofa bong to if you do that stuff !!!!!

A20A1
06-03-2004, 01:38 AM
I was actually thinking of a 3GEEZ logo

Mike's89AccordLX
06-03-2004, 06:54 AM
HFP (Honda Factory Performance)

2.0 SC (I want one of those bad... Sport Carbed :) )

BlueBead
06-03-2004, 10:33 PM
hey mike, what exactly does the HFP look like?
post a pic and I'll see what I can do.....
thx for the help guys, keep it up!

HondaBoy
06-03-2004, 10:39 PM
hmm, i'd say badges that go on the car is a must. huh, maybe i'll look over my car and see if there's any brakets or things like that that would be good.

cahil_1
06-04-2004, 12:54 AM
can't do jack with that size of a piece of alluminum, i'll take a custom made bracket that will allow me to install a jackson racing supercharger on my 3gee, that is my dream just thought that i would share that with the group! Ha key chains anyone? how about a 3geez logo key chain that can open beer bottles now that would totally be rad.