PDA

View Full Version : Difference between DX, LX, LX-i

Versanick
07-18-2002, 01:08 AM
I'm looking at an 88 accord in decent condition, with a going clutch in the paper, so I check it out... it turns out to be a DX.... now without going off on some tangents, I'm going to get to the point. As far as I knew, the DX was the same as the LX with a much milder cam (putting 120hp down to 90 hp). I'm wondering if there's even power steering, or if the difference is JUST the cam, and what kind of other things are different, and if it is fuel injected... I can't find this information anywhere, and I'd like to know the exact differences, as it bears whether I can make a DX as fast as I can make an LX... I'm already goign to replace the cam, I'm wondering if the cam will be the same in the DX as it will in the LX (performance wise), that is if the cam is the ONLY difference... Is there anyone who knows the exact differences between these two cars? or if I'm totally way off and have no idea what I'm talking about? Thanks for your help in advance.

-Vers:confused:

1988starter
07-18-2002, 06:32 AM
DX abd LX both are carbed and produce 98 HP LX has more power option and I think only comes 4 dr but I could be wrong I really do not think there is any cam difference. As for a LX-i you get 110 hp for 86-87 and 122 for 88-89 due to a dual stage throttlebody a different exhause system higher compression and a few other goodies. The big difference on the LX-i is good ol fuel injection. Also LX-i comes with lots of power equipment. Yes a DX has powerstearing I think. If you are going to keep looking go for an LX-i. As for a cam shaft talk to justanothermike or YK86 they can help.

89LXiCoupe
07-19-2002, 11:30 PM
If you could, get an LX-i. An SE-i would be nicer, but the LX-i weighs less. Sorry if I'm not helping.

YK86
07-20-2002, 04:21 AM
If you can find a good one, I would opt for an LX-i. You'll like it more in the long run!